Now Hiring: Art Director (Full-Time / Los Angeles, CA)
ROSEWOOD is looking for an Art Director to lead creative development and execution for a top tier brand client in the health/fitness category. This role is fast-paced and requires quick execution and superb leadership. The ideal candidate is a mixed media creative with a passion for fitness and an understanding of how it shapes culture. You have a proven track record mentoring and motivating teammates, communicating effectively and directly with clients as well as internal teammates, and meeting tight deadlines across multiple priority projects.
- Conceive, craft, and execute great ideas on time and on strategy.
- Articulate concepts and executions in writing with rationale.
- Build pitch decks with insight driven concepts and innovative executions.
- Hands on execution of all design deliverables.
- Concept and art direct monthly shoots to deliver innovative creative that is on brand and on strategy.
- Work closely with the Account and Production teams to prioritize requests.
- Create and interpret creative client briefs to conduct brainstorms.
- Drive best practices across all social and media platforms.
- Ensure detail-oriented quality control with all concepts and versions.
- Effectively communicate challenges and opportunities up to VP, Creative.
- Oversee maintenance of internal digital asset management system.
- Continually survey and discuss art and cultural trends and happenings.
- Relentlessly develop and enhance your art directing, design and leadership skill sets.
- Inspire and build with other creatives.
- 5+ years of experience developing strategic creative for brands.
- Superior presentation and communication skills.
- Passion, energy, and enthusiasm for social-first storytelling.
- Well-versed in types of storytelling and structure from scripted to non-scripted.
- Solid understanding of strategy and how data informs creative.
- Expert understanding of design methods, history and terminology.
- Expert proficiency in Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, etc.)
- Proficient in Keynote, Google Drive and Trello.
- Deep understanding of best practices in social and traditional advertising.
- Deep experience leading, managing and mentoring creatives.
- Ability to successfully organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects under strict deadlines.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and go-getter attitude.
- A passion for fitness/health is critical.
- Commitment to serving the client by working nonstandard hours when necessary.
- A passion for working in a fast-paced environment with enthusiastic teammates.