Production Supervisor (Full-Time / Los Angeles, CA)
ROSEWOOD is looking for a Production Supervisor to play a key role in our in-house content studio, executing a wide range of complex, multi-faceted productions and serialized content programs. The Production Supervisor role is to ensure that all aspects of a production are successfully delivered to the client, on time and on budget. The Production Supervisor is also responsible for communicating effectively with the team and the client. This role is fast-paced and requires superb communication, seasoned leadership and a hands on management style.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Enhance, manage and oversee Production infrastructure and processes, including location/talent/contractor agreements, forms, production checklists, third party payroll services, budget templates, trackers, etc.
- Line manage, develop, and mentor Producers, Associate Producers and Production Coordinators around execution of all individual job details, providing ongoing constructive feedback.
- Act as line producer supervising all programs’ budgets, including working with Producers to make sure all costs and staffing are accurate across all programs.
- Work with leadership team to maintain specific profit margins across all programs.
- Work with VP, ROSEWOOD Studios to ensure that all budgetary, logistical, and legal needs of the department are met.
- Bid on new business including accurate budgeting with high profit margins.
- Spearhead legal, financial, and production operations including creating and maintaining the ROSEWOOD Studios production bible with the departments legal, financial, and production guidelines.
- Spearhead creating ROSEWOOD Studios freelance database; consistently seek and meet with new freelance talent.
- Ensure all program content meets legal needs; QC edits to ensure legal compliance.
- Produce and oversee productions on an as-needed basis.
- Communicate production processes and best practices, while continually seeking improvements to drive efficiencies in production and budget.
- Oversee the successful development and management of production calendars, workback schedules, pre-production and wrap books.
- Advise Creative and Content Teams during concept stage on production costs and execution options in order to deliver the highest quality work for the most efficient timeline and budget.
- Send weekly production updates to the larger team and company.
- Assign staff (Producers, Associate Producers, Production Coordinators) and resources to shoots. Quality control pre-production processes to ensure all team members are clear on their roles and responsibilities.
- Work with Post Production Managers to ensure best practices with ROSEWOOD Studios production to post production workflow.
- 10+ years of production experience with at least 6 years producing video content.
- Strategic thinking and ability to solve problems independently.
- Working knowledge of industry production contracts and the ability to negotiate terms independently and seek guidance from legal when necessary.
- Experience managing teams of producers, production coordinators and crews.
- Experience overseeing multiple works-streams.
- Experience managing multi-million dollar production budgets.
- Up to 30% travel may be required.
- Positive, self-motivated and solution-oriented.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Polished communication skills with the ability to manage and influence multiple personalities.
- Desire to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
*This organization participates in e-Verify.