At Roostify, we believe that home lending should be a fair, fast, and transparent experience. Roostify’s software is used by banks across the country to improve lending experiences every day.
As a Senior Development Operations Engineer at Roostify, you’ll be working with and managing a team of talented engineers responsible for design, configuration, optimization, documentation and support of the software product cloud hosting infrastructure, services and components that Roostify deploys in service of its customers and partners.
You’ll be learning everything you can about the mortgage industry, our customers and their business and technology needs, and you’ll be playing a role in transforming how consumers experience the mortgage process. You’ll be working collaboratively with colleagues across the company in Engineering, Product, Sales, Customer Success and Support to enable efforts to transform our customers’ operations.
The Roostify DevOps group is responsible for the design and implementation of product build, release, deployment and configuration activities. The ideal candidate for this position must be able to align with constant business changes: new requirements, evolving goals and strategies, emerging technologies and security landscape with repeatable processes in order to provide exceptional customer service to our customers. The ideal candidate for this position is someone who has a deep understanding of best practices for managing and deploying complex software in AWS and Heroku environments.
To be happy and successful at Roostify, you must be analytical, self-driven, and enjoy working in a fast-paced startup environment. You must be excited not just about adding features, extending capabilities, and delivering working and fully tested software, but also about helping to build a company. You must be someone who welcomes complex challenges, relishes the opportunity to architect a solution, and is willing to do what it takes to get the job done as part of a team. You must be able to work effectively and flexibly in a dynamic business environment that includes remote and co-located teams and customers spread across time zones. Experience in the enterprise IT context is especially helpful, as is experience delivering solutions to replace legacy systems and processes with entirely new tools and approaches.
- Work closely with other Roostify teams to gather requirements, prototype, architect, plan, estimate, implement /update, build and execute testing plans, perform quality reviews, manage operations and triage and fix operational issues
- Develop and/or leverage custom integration solutions, automation / scripts, including major enhancements, interfaces, functions and features by coordinating relevant activities with development teams across Roostify
- Lead and guide the design, development of reusable components, code and document custom automation frameworks, maintain scripts and update as needed
- Manage product release planning lifecycle including verification of the functionality of components and services to ensure deployment meets client’s expectations, integration components and security baselines
- Build towards automated deployment processes using configuration management technology solutions.
- Anticipate, identify, mitigate, and resolve issues relating to client facing systems or services and application operation in conjunction with relevant teams (this includes supporting Client Services by identifying, researching and resolving performance and production issues)
- Lead the technical evaluation and selection process for improving performance, monitoring, gap analysis, predicting trends for system performance, capacity, efficiency, and reliability and recommend enhancements in order to better meet client SLAs and standards
- Contribute to ongoing efforts to review current software stack and SDLC processes and tools, identify opportunities to increase efficiency and effectiveness, and implement improvements to enable scale as Roostify grows
- Assist in defining and creating any missing DevOps and quality guidelines, operation manuals, processes and standards
- Provide feedback to fellow team members kindly and constructively, and actively seek feedback for professional improvement and growth
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field is required, advanced degree preferred
- At least 7-10 years of equivalent work experience in a senior technical position responsible for managing multi tenant SaaS software products in public or private cloud (including AWS) including design, implementation, product release, testing, support and project management
- Excellent understanding of technical architecture design techniques, theories, principles and practices with knowledge on broad range of hardware and software products (including experience deploying, managing, and operating scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on AWS)
- Excellent knowledge and understanding for use, deployment and management of AWS services for SaaS products such as VPC, EC2, Containers, S3, ELB, RDS, Route53, Cloud Formation, Cloud Watch, WAF, HSM/KMS, IAM, Code Commit, Elastic Bean Stalk, Cloud Trail, API Gateways and other AWS development and management tools
- Strong grasp of automation and monitoring tools (ability to automate repeatable tasks via scripting)
- Ability to define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems
- Demonstrated ability to understand, implement, and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation
- Demonstrated ability to communicate business and technical ideas to varied audiences including customers, peer engineers, and senior leadership
- Able to quickly become deeply familiar with Roostify’s current and planned capabilities, the scope of a specific implementation, integration and / or customization effort, as well as the customer’s business objectives and success criteria
- Happy to travel occasionally for team meetings and events
- Strong ownership, urgency, and drive to launch services
- Creative and resourceful - always finds a way to unblock yourself and your team
- Relentlessly optimistic
- Experience in or adjacent to the mortgage industry
This is a San Francisco based position. Remote employment will not be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.