At Roostify, we believe that home lending should be a fair, fast, and transparent experience. Roostify’s software is used by banks across the country to improve lending experiences every day.
The role of Roostify’'s platform is to grow, curate, analyze, control access and make it easier for developers to build applications that can leverage the power of our data sets. The Product Manager, Platform will be responsible for driving key new capabilities and usage of our platform. We are looking for a senior product leader at Roostify who will be responsible for driving key new capabilities and usage of our platform. This is a high impact, high visibility role reporting directly to the VP of Products.
The ideal candidate has an engineering background including experience working with and developing APIs for shared services such as identity, authorization, and API management components. The candidate should also be able to be an advocate for developers of the platform and help service engineers adopt platform capabilities. Last, the candidate should be able to prioritize work for the platform framework engineering team to meet the platform business objectives.
This position operates at a senior level, reflecting leadership within the organization and focuses on the importance of driving forward a key part of the business. This means creating and executing strategic initiatives. This position will coordinate a cross-functional team of engineers, analysts, external partners and other specialists to deliver continuous value.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the platform engineering team
- Manage the backlog of the platform engineering team
- Collaborate with the greater engineering organization to enhance features of the platform
- Enforce internal processes to prioritize the platform roadmap
- Advocate for developers; collect feedback to ensure strong focus on their needs & user experience
- Create documentation; access & identity policy & requirements docs, release notes
- Evangelize the platform's capabilities internally and to the partner ecosystem
- Own UX / Dev experience & Persona management (API producer, internal service API consumer, external rest API consumer, internal client consumer, external client consumer, etc)
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years experience as a programmer, engineering manager or product manager
- Ability read/write code; Java preferred
- Strong understanding of REST
- Technical understanding of APIs; experience building enterprise APIs and developer tools a plus
- Experience with Scrum
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally in small, nimble fast-growing technology companies
- Resilience; you are a marathon runner vs a sprinter
- Passion for Financial Technology
- Organized, professional, and (hopefully) quick-witted
This is a San Francisco based position. Remote employment will not be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.