At Roostify, we believe that home lending should be a fair, fast, and transparent experience. Roostify’s software is used by banks across the country to improve lending experiences every day.
The Director of Software Engineering is responsible for directing and delivering the software systems development function for software enhancements and new products, including the design, development, troubleshooting, and debugging of software programs. This is a high impact, high visibility role reporting directly to the VP of Engineering. We are looking for leader, passionate about building complex, secure and high-quality software.
This position operates at a senior level, reflecting leadership within the organization and focuses on the importance of driving forward a key part of the business. This means creating and executing strategic initiatives and SaaS products to meet enterprise customers and system integrators needs. This position will lead a cross-functional team of engineers and coordinate with product managers, analysts, external partners and other specialists to deliver continuous value.
- Manage the activities of multiple teams and/or a large sector of software engineers responsible for providing desired functionality of assigned content, products, or services
- Oversee and manage managers, leads, and individual contributors, and ensure the ongoing training and development of direct reports
- Mentor, develop, and support teams by guiding development standards and insights into system architecture
- Set clear goals and lead collaborative achievements
- Understand scheduling, cost constraints, and impact to other teams; and make resource and architectural trade-offs based on those factors
- Provide input on specific aspects of the operating and strategic plans of the function or unit at the next highest organization level and, based on prevailing conditions, manage the daily operations of assigned section(s) of work
- Serve as a group-wide advocate for quality coding and best practices in an iterative, agile manner
- Collaborate directly with our Business Partners, Product Managers, Test Engineers and Production Support Engineers to implement technical requirements
- Allocate available resources to meet operating objectives
- Interact with direct reports, peers in management, and customers, to share information and improve cross-departmental processes
- Anticipate and prevent problems and roadblocks before they occur
- Present technical issues and their impact to management
- Effectively build and maintain a network of key contacts across company and leverage these contacts to achieve results
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- 10+ years professional software development experience and 5+ years of experience managing software developers
- Must possess the ability to effectively manage upwards by instilling confidence in executive leadership and communicating the appropriate information at the right time
- Must have experience in planning, architecting and delivering mission-critical enterprise-grade systems and solutions
- Expert skill level in one or more object oriented programming languages
- Hands on, professional programming experience with Ruby on Rails
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to complete long-term projects, and prioritize competing or conflicting requests
- Familiar with AWS and reference architectures for web applications
- Demonstrate knowledge of information security and its role in web and mobile applications
This is a San Francisco based position. Remote employment will not be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.