At Roostify, we believe that home lending should be a fair, fast, and transparent experience. Roostify’s software is used by banks across the country to improve lending experiences every day.
You will be responsible for implementing our next-generation continuous integration & deployment framework and pro-actively look for ways to improve (automate) our build processes and support the remaining engineering team members.
In addition, you will trace complex build problems, release issues and environment issues in a multi-component environment. You will develop, maintain and enhance key parts of the release procedures and processes as well as coordinate release activities with Release Management, Project Management, QA, and Development teams to ensure a smooth and trouble-free roll out of releases.
- Review, analyze and recommend solutions and tools to improve the software development process
- Maintain existing build environment while leading the design and implementation of its replacement
- Develop and support the build pipeline
- Develop and maintain scripts used by automated build, deployment and packaging systems
- Develop and maintain internal tools to automate processes
- Select, deploy, administer and support 3rd party tools as needed
- Own the process for releasing builds into QA and production
- Document each release to create auditable evidence
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Solid understanding and practical experience of software development life cycles, with particular emphasis on release engineering functions
- 4+ years of industry experience as a Build and Release engineer
- 2+ years of industry experience in building continuous integration pipelines
- Strong experience with configuration management systems like Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- Strong Scripting experience with Ruby or Python, and Shell
- Experience with tools/frameworks like GIT, Jenkins, Ansible, Nginx, Node.js, Rails
- Experience with cloud services platform like AWS (Amazon Web Services) or Google Cloud Platform
- Broad exposure to infrastructure-as-code frameworks like Terraform and Cloudformation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in a FinTech startup is preferred but not required
This role is based in San Francisco, CA. Remote employment will not be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.