At Roostify, we believe that home lending should be a fair, fast, and transparent experience. Roostify’s software is used by banks across the country to improve lending experiences every day.
Front-end Engineers at Roostify work closely with product, design, UI/UX, support and back-end development teams to build and improve all aspects of our user facing experience.
The ideal candidate for this role is passionate not only about front-end web development technologies and but also about building and maintaining a highly usable, visually appealing and intuitive user interface for our clients.
- Create new and maintain/refactor existing client-facing interfaces using modern development practices.
- Collaborate iteratively with product and UI/UX teams to translate business requirements into projects with established requirements and scope that have an achievable and sustainable schedule for development.
- Architect and implement new or bring in existing third party reusable UI components, libraries and patterns as appropriate.
- Make technological recommendations while weighing various tradeoffs.
- Participate in code reviews to lead team to the highest standards.
- Effectively communicate with customer support to resolve production issues.
- Deliver products on time in an agile and continuous development environment.
- Work to establish front-end best practices and share these guidelines across all other development teams through documentation, style guides, exemplary code and build tooling.
- 5+ years of industry experience as a front-end web developer building performant cross-browser responsive web applications in a team environment.
- Experience delivering product features in a Consumer or Enterprise SaaS company.
- Have built user interfaces and single page applications on top of RESTful APIs.
- Experience with CSS preprocessors such as LESS or SCSS.
- Familiarity with a server-side MVC web frameworks, preferably Ruby on Rails.
- Ability manage or develop multiple concurrent projects.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Care deeply about accessibility or have implemented WCAG compliant code.
- Full-stack development experience, especially with Ruby on Rails.
- Front-end performance profiling and optimization experience including caching, page rendering improvements, and traffic minimization.
- A strong interest in best practices for UI/UX and demonstrable design, UX and aesthetic sensibilities.
- Experience with unit, integration and feature testing strategies and/or test driven design.
- Have implemented a living style guide.
This is a San Francisco based position. Remote employment will not be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.