At Roostify, we believe that home lending should be a fair, fast, and transparent experience. Roostify’s software is used by banks across the country to improve lending experiences every day. We are seeking a talented Product Support Engineer to join our team.
As a member of the Engineering team, you will combine your technical expertise with a customer-friendly manner while resolving customer issues. As a Roostify expert, you will provide hands on functional troubleshooting, feature explanation, and best practice guidance during critical and time sensitive situations. You will help define feature requests and capture bugs and follow up with clients on existing issues.
To be happy and successful at Roostify, you must be analytical, self-driven, and enjoy working in a fast-paced startup environment. You must be excited not just about adding features, extending capabilities, and delivering working and fully tested software, but also about helping to build a company. You must be someone who welcomes complex challenges, relishes the opportunity to identify the root cause of a problem, and is willing to do what it takes to get the job done as part of a team. You must be able to work effectively and flexibly in a dynamic business environment that includes remote and co-located teams and customers spread across time zones in United States.
- Provide Product support for Roostify products/platforms with focus on efforts to triage, analyze and resolve product/platform and data issues
- Manage highly visible and strategic support cases, and ensure 100% customer satisfaction by providing prompt and complete resolution to technical challenges and business issues
- Take ownership of customer issues through to resolution - including troubleshooting, external and internal communication, and providing meaningful feedback to the customer on a regular basis
- Liaise and work closely with internal Roostify Tier2/3 Support and Engineering teams on escalated technical issues and product roadmap changes/new features
- Participate in the Client Support on-call scheduleIdentify customer education gaps or challenges and develop and execute training to fill those gaps for Technical Support teams
- Supports customer support operations by troubleshooting application, environment configuration, database, UI/UX or other issues, quickly drives team to identify root cause, and designs and implements a fix to resolve performance and production issues
- Researches/identifies root cause for particularly difficult tickets or tickets for code where support documentation is not available
- Works cross-functionally with teams across the company to design, develop, deploy and maintain software and software fixes in an agile environment and to maintain high code quality
- Must be proficient with analyzing log files and standard debugging concepts and also able to analyze ticket patterns to identify the root cause
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills
- Previous experience in software development or software consulting and support is preferable 4 years providing customer facing technical support (Web based products preferred)
- Must be proficient with analyzing log files and standard debugging concept
- Experience providing web development support is highly desirable
- Familiarity with tools & practices of the trade such as case management, knowledgebase, defect & escalation management
- Experience providing API supportExperience in deploying to and supporting web applications on AWS or Heroku infrastructure
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).Practical understanding of system architecture design for Service Oriented Architectures
- Create and publish solution knowledge for re-use by customers and Roostify employees
This role is based in San Francisco, CA. Remote employment will not be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.