At Roostify, we believe that home lending should be a fair, fast, and transparent experience. Roostify’s software is used by banks across the country to improve lending experiences every day.
As Director of Software Engineering you will be responsible for leading a cross-functional team of engineers and collaborating with product managers, analysts, external partners and other specialists to deliver continuous value. This is a high impact, high visibility role reporting directly to the VP of Engineering. We are looking for leader, passionate about building complex, secure and high-quality software.
- Manage multiple teams of software engineers responsible for delivering SaaS solutions and services in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborate effectively with the cross functional team of Business Partners, Product Managers, Test Engineers and Production Support Engineers
- Foster a high performance culture by mentoring, developing, and supporting individuals, teams and processes.
- Set clear goals for individuals and teams to drive collaborative results
- Understand scheduling, cost and other constraints; and make resource and architectural trade-offs based on those factors
- Serve as a group-wide advocate for quality coding and best practices in an iterative, agile manner
- Anticipate and prevent problems and roadblocks before they occur
- Present technical issues and their impact to management
- BS or MS (preferred) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of software development experience, including 5+ years of experience managing software developers
- Proven track record of delivering highly scalable, secure enterprise-grade software in a SaaS model
- Must have experience in planning, architecting and delivering large and complex systems and solutions
- Expert skill level in one or more object oriented programming languages; Ruby is strongly preferred
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to complete long-term projects, and prioritize competing or conflicting requests
- Familiar with AWS and/or other cloud platforms
- Demonstrate knowledge of information security and its role in web and mobile applications
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience & knowledge in mortgage and finance technologies
- Experience building an API-based platform ecosystem
- Experience working in a fast global team environment
- Strong project management skills
- Enthusiasm for agile development and pair programming
- are a quick learner
- have flexibility of attitude
- are a good listener/communicator
- can break down and organize complex problems
- are motivated and self-driven
This is a San Francisco based position. Remote employment will not be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.