Roostify is a fast-growing, diverse, venture-backed team of passionate problem solvers. We make the process of getting a home loan easier and drastically more efficient for borrowers and lenders alike. We're solving a massive problem that others have been afraid to touch, and are very proud of what we've accomplished. But we're far from done, and we want your help. We're excited to find the right people to help shape Roostify with us. We are searching for a QA Engineer to continue the work we have done to incorporate QA processes within our organization.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 3 years’ experience developing scripts in Ruby environments using RSPEC and Capybara
- Experience testing business-to-business or enterprise services and applications
- Experience in front-end web application and REST API testing in Ruby and Rails environments
- Experience in industry best practices in Agile SW development processes: Unit testing, OO design, code reviews etc.
- Clear communication and experience working with remote agile teams is a must
- Be able to develop on a schedule and maintain a reasonable amount of work progress even if remote
- Interest and passion for working with diverse and inclusive teams
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Experience in Financial Tech
- Experience with WATIR
- Experience in performance testing
- A general understanding of security testing methodologies (Such as Pen Testing, injection testing and load testing)
- Understanding of WCAG Compliance Guidelines, and testing methodologies; Including screen readers, Front End design for accessibility and Keyboard navigation
- Extra points for experience developing WCAG regression suites
- Help define testing strategy and write test plans for all major new / changed features
- Improve test case creation and documentation
- Review new created test cases as well as existing tests to ensure they are relevant and up to date. Run regressions on new changes and every release
- Report to QA/QE manager on metrics for test coverage and test progress
- Test case creation and hands-on testing of more complex features, including web accessibility
- Develop Front End and API Regression scripts in Ruby using RSPEC, Capybara, and WATIR
- While you will be using WATIR as a Selenium driver, we do not use Selenium scripts
- Work with an on and off-site QA and engineering team spread across the US
This is a San Francisco based position. Remote employment will not be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.