At Roostify, we believe that home lending should be a fair, fast, and transparent experience. Roostify’s software is used by banks across the country to improve lending experiences every day.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will design, develop, and test software solutions for Roostify’s Platform team. The primary focus of this position will be development, deployment and support of the core components of our platform.
- Be responsible for designing and scoping development tasks
- Develop elements of the overall software solution
- Interact with other members of the engineering and product management team to ensure compatible implementation of the solution with the existing platform
- Assume end-to-end responsibility, including deployment and oversight of the owned component in production
- Influence the overall architecture and provide guidance to the junior team members
- Handle escalations and effectively interact with customer support to resolve production issues
- BS or MS (preferable) in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years' experience in software design and development
- Programming experience with Ruby on Rails
- Familiarity with front-end technologies (HTML, CSS, JS, etc.)
- Database programming experience, Postgres/MySQL preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux environments
- Design experience with secure, multi-tier, multi-tenant, highly scalable and highly available web applications
- Knowledge of web security fundamentals
- Experience programming with Java/J2EEExperience & knowledge in the mortgage/finance technologies
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or other cloud platforms
- Experience working in a fast global team environment
- Knowledge and experience working with crypto/encryption technologies
- Enthusiasm for agile development and pair programming
- are a quick learner
- have flexibility of attitude
- are a good listener/communicator
- know what it takes to write code that serves millions of users
This is a San Francisco based position. Remote employment will not be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.