Accord Group is looking for an organized, detail-oriented individual to join our corporate team at our Lee’s Summit, MO headquarters as a full-time Financial Controller. We are seeking someone who’s fiercely passionate about digging into the numbers and has the ability to see the big picture. This forward-thinking financial strategist will maximize the return on assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems. We are also looking for someone who can potentially grow into the CFO role, as we continue to grow our company. If this sounds like your dream job, please read on.
The Financial Controller will support our teams in the field by working behind the scenes and keeping a watchful, perceptive eye on company finances. This person will maximize the return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems.
As Financial Controller, this person can expect their duties to be:
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Maximizes return, and limits risk, on cash by minimizing bank balances; making investments.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Monitors the follow of daily transactions and financial activities
- Responsible for the monthly close of the books and reconciliation of accounts and preparation of monthly financial statements and reporting package
- Analyzes fluctuations and addresses trends and observations with senior management.
- Responsible for the supervision of the accounting team
Beyond the cut and dry technical responsibilities, we’re looking for someone who is self-motivated, but also collaborative. We want to meet someone that has a positive attitude and desire to make an impact in their culture and work. Strong verbal and written communication skills and an eagerness to learn are the perfect cherry on top for a promising candidate.
- Minimum experience: Five Years as a Controller
- Minimum education: BS in Accounting
- Preferred: CPA certification
- Work hard with a positive attitude
- Quickbooks experience (QB certification is a plus)
- Talented in synthesizing trends from complex data
- Must be skilled at Managing Processes, Financial Software, Developing Standards, Audit, Accounting, Corporate Finance, Tracking Budget Expenses, Financial Skills, Analyzing Information, Developing Budgets, and Performance Management
- Excellent Healthcare – Health, Vision, Dental, Life
- Generous 401k Match
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Recognition for Success
- Leadership You Can Trust
- Learning, Training & Development Opportunities
- Market Stability with Longterm Viability
- Possible future transition to a CFO position
We Are Accord
Accord Group is a family of companies creating remarkable experiences through insurance restoration with roofing, siding, and gutters. We give homeowners peace of mind after hailstorms, severe winds and other natural disasters. As a trusted national leader in the industry, our experience with insurance companies allows us to give our customers the best advice possible as we effectively guide homeowners through the confusing process of insurance claims, restoring their homes with efficiency.
Accord Group is proud to be on the Inc. Magazine 2018 Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies. The Accord Group leadership team has over $1.1B in industry experience and is continuing to experience rapid growth. Our CEO, Dustin Doll, is an Ernst & Young's 2018 Entrepreneur of the Year regional finalist. We are committed to continuing our growth trend to become the leading storm-related exterior restoration company in the United States.
- Integrity: We do what we say we will do.
- Golden Rule: We treat others the way we want to be treated.
- Discipline: We do our best every day, with a positive attitude.
- Humility: We maintain modest views our ourselves. We are teachable.
We are Accord and we want you to consider joining our Accord family.