At Rogue our mantra is Dare, Risk, Dream. This is an attitude that comes from relentless curiosity and a drive to question, create and inspire. A DIY spirit runs through everything we do and make. We aren't afraid to think big, get messy and risk it all when it comes to creating authentic, innovative products that we are passionate about.
The Kitchen Manager is directly responsible for all kitchen functions including food purchasing, preparation and maintenance of quality standards; sanitation and cleanliness; training of employees in methods of cooking, preparation, plate presentation, portion and cost control and sanitation and cleanliness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Responsible for all kitchen employment decisions including interviewing, hiring, evaluating, coaching & corrective action.
- Provide orientation of company and department rules, policies and procedures and oversee all subjects of training new kitchen employees. Provide consistent, ongoing, career development training for all kitchen staff.
- Fill in where needed to ensure successful guest service and efficiency of kitchen operations.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Work with Director of Kitchen Operations to plan new menu items. Establish portion sizes and prepare standard recipe cards for all new menu items.
- Ensure that all products are ordered according to predetermined product specifications and received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Responsible for knowledge of and adherence of all company policies & procedures. Ensure kitchen team also adheres to polices & procedures. Responsible for appropriate coaching, and corrective action.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules for kitchen floors, mats, walls, hoods, other equipment and food storage areas.
- Responsible for maintaining proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
- Provide safety training in basic first aid, lifting and carrying objects, and handling hazardous materials.
- Culinary Degree Preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in varied kitchen positions including food preparation, line cook, fry cook and expediter.
- At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity.
- Guest Service: Friendly, hospitable interactions with with guests.
- Attention to Detail: food standards, costs, safety, etc.
- Leadership: rally the team during busy shifts, resolve conflicts, and ultimately lead by example.
- Management Skills: cost control, labor control, scheduling, repair & maintenance, safety
- Organizational Skills: maintain consistency, weekly schedules, shipments, manage checklist, cleaning schedules
- Problem-Solving Skills: conflict resolutions, Dealing with employee conflict, irate customers and wrong stock orders is part of a kitchen managers job. Being able to come up with a solution quickly is a needed skill.
- Communication Skills: consistently and clearly communicate with the restaurant team, guests and coworkers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and be able to move kegs which weigh close to 165 pounds.
You’ll get to work in a fun, fast and energetic work environment. We are a group of people who believe in the power of creating things in small batches by hand and in building things ourselves. If you love craft beers, spirits and canned cocktails, this is the place to be. Generous paid time off (PTO), 401(k) matching, pet benefits, comprehensive health insurance and more!
How to apply
If you are interested please attach your cover letter, resume, and anything else you would like to share with us.