The Assistant Distiller is involved in the production, packaging, barrel aging, and blending of spirits at the Rogue Spirits Distillery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operation and maintenance of 500 gallon production still, and 150 gallon recipe development still
- Smithing liquid to fit packaging specifications
- Assist in packaging based on inventory needs
- Adherence to all distillery Safety Procedures, including proper use of PPE at all times
- Communicate maintenance needs to Supervisor in a timely manner
- Maintain accurate records for inventory and taxation purposes
- Interpret and follow SOPs
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Relevant Science / Food Science education preferred
- 2+ years in a production environment. Preferably in brewery, distillery, or winery
· Ability to communicate and receive technical instructions (verbal and written)
· Writing and math skills necessary to accurately complete dilution calculations, volume, weight, pressure, alcohol content, and other unit conversions
· Mechanical aptitude – knowledge of machinery and systems
· Ability to earn forklift certification
· Ability to work independently, and with others
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms for extended hours
Must be able to use hands, fingers to wrist for fine digit manipulation
Must be able to maintain adequate vision (with or without corrected lenses)
Must be able to distinguish colors for purposed of discussing test results
Adequate peripheral vision is necessary for safety purposes, as are depth, distance, and ability to focus.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and be able to move casks which weigh close to 165 pounds.
The work environment will vary for this position given the nature of the job duties.
Work environment conditions vary often with fluctuating temperatures, noise, and moisture level.
Work takes place around potentially hazardous machinery, and chemicals.
Personal Protective Equipment and standard operating procedures are enforced to ensure employee safety.
Travel is not required for this position
Additional duties may be required. Rogue reserves the right to change duties, responsibilities, and activities at any time with or without notice.
Compensation and Benefits
Position is hourly. Rogue offers competitive wages that will be determined by experience and other factors. Position is eligible for Medical, Dental and Vision Care, PTO, 401(k) with company match, and other company perks outlined in the Rogue Employee Handbook.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and physical demands satisfactory with or without reasonable accommodations. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals are not entitled to the accommodation of their choosing, and unreasonable accommodations, or accommodations that constitute an undue burden, will be denied.