Oversee the maintenance of machinery to ensure efficient operations and the minimizing of production downtime. Hire and train staff to handle daily maintenance needs. Provide information and recommendations for new equipment purchases and facility improvements. Communicate expectations for work and safety standards to Maintenance team, and all of Production staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to production assembly machines and to other automated equipment
- Independently diagnose equipment problems and determine course of action for repairs as needed.
- Direct weekly / monthly / yearly Preventative Maintenance Plans for facility and equipment
- Select appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Track equipment efficiency
- Test and calibrate equipment to ensure it is functioning within specified standards
- Ensure safe use of power and hand-held tools and equipment.
- Maintain equipment records and warranties
- Solicit quotes for new and replacement equipment
- Work with vendors on delivery and commissioning equipment
- Ensure compliance with internal procedures, quality systems, policies, OSHA standards, and other regulations.
- Facility maintenance as needed
- Timely communication with Production Manager and Operations Office
- Triage equipment repairs with Maintenance team
- High School Diploma, GED (or equivalent, reading, writing, reasoning and computer skills)
- Trade school education preferred
- 5+ years previous maintenance experience in production facility (brewery preferred)
· Extensive knowledge in installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of electro-mechanical controls, pneumatics, steam, electrical, plumbing and machinery
· Solution driven
· Keen attention to detail and quality
· Ability to work efficient and accurately in nosy environments
· Ability to work at a face pace, in high pressure situations, while maintaining professionalism
· Ability to communicate detailed instructions (verbal and written) to staff
· Forklift Certified
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, walk, reach with hands and arms for extended hours
Must be able to use hands, fingers to wrist for fine digit manipulation
Must be able to maintain adequate vision (with or without corrected lenses)
Adequate peripheral vision is necessary for safety purposes, as are depth, distance, and ability to focus.
The employee must occasionally lift up to 40 pounds
The work environment will vary for this position given the nature of the job duties.
Work environment conditions vary often with fluctuating temperatures, noise, and moisture level.
Work takes place around potentially hazardous machinery, and chemicals.
Personal Protective Equipment and standard operating procedures are enforced to ensure employee safety.
Ability to travel 5% of the time. Occasional travel to vendors and conferences within or outside the country.
Additional duties may be required. Rogue reserves the right to change duties, responsibilities, and activities at any time with or without notice.
Compensation and Benefits
Position is Salary. Rogue offers competitive wages that will be determined by experience and other factors. Position is eligible for Medical, Dental and Vision Care, PTO, 401(k) with company match, and other company perks outlined in the Rogue Employee Handbook.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and physical demands satisfactory with or without reasonable accommodations. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals are not entitled to the accommodation of their choosing, and unreasonable accommodations, or accommodations that constitute an undue burden, will be denied.