At Rogue our mantra is Dare, Risk, Dream. This is an attitude that comes from relentless curiosity and a drive to question, create and inspire. A DIY spirit runs through everything we do and make. We aren't afraid to think big, get messy and risk it all when it comes to creating authentic, innovative products that we are passionate about.
Job Title: Brewer
Work Location: Newport, OR
Supervisor: Associate Brewmaster
Position Status: Hourly / FT
The Brewer is responsible for the brewing process from preparation of the raw materials through the fermentation process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Operation of brewhouse with maximum attention to detail and accuracy
• Milling, Mashing, Lautering, Boiling, Whirlpooling, Knocking out, Graining out
• Documentation of brewing activities
• CIP and sanitization of brew vessels
• Mash Tun, Kettle, Heat Exchanger
• Tank Management
• Gravity, dumps, dry-hopping, transferring, carbonation
• Maintain safe and clean working environment
• Yeast management including harvesting, pitching, and record keeping
• Use of proper PPE
• Ability to follow Rogue SOPs
• Adhere to established recipes and processes
• Communicate changes in recipes or process to management
• Communicate maintenance needs to keep production on schedule and ensure team member safety
• Bachelor's Degree
• Preferably in Fermentation Science, Engineering, general science or related field
• Brewing education a plus
• 3+ years brewing experience
• Ability to read and follow written English instructions
• Safe chemical handling knowledge
• Adaptable and solution-driven
• Writing and math skills necessary to accurately complete dilution calculations, volume, flow, weight, length, pressure, and other unit conversions
• Mechanical aptitude - knowledge of machinery and systems
• Forklift certified
• Ability to work independently, and with others
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and be able to move kegs which weigh close to 165 pounds.
Work environment conditions vary often with fluctuating temperatures, noise, and moisture level.
Work takes place around potentially hazardous machinery, and chemicals.
Personal Protective Equipment and standard operating procedures are enforced to ensure employee safety.
Travel is not required for this position.
Additional duties may be required. Rogue reserves the right to change duties, responsibilities, and activities at any time with or without notice.
Compensation and Benefits:
Position is hourly. Rogue offers competitive wages, initial wage to be determined based on experience. You’ll get to work in a fun, fast and energetic work environment. We are a group of people who believe in the power of creating things in small batches by hand and in building things ourselves. If you love craft beers, spirits and canned cocktails, this is the place to be. Generous paid time off (PTO), 401(k) matching, pet benefits, comprehensive health insurance and more!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and physical demands satisfactory with or without reasonable accommodations. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals are not entitled to the accommodation of their choosing, and unreasonable accommodations, or accommodations that constitute an undue burden, will be denied.
How to apply
If you are interested please attach your cover letter, resume, and anything else you would like to share with us.