In a craft industry focused on producing world class products there is integral position that assists with the production of our most important resource, our people. At Rogue Ales & Spirits, our Payroll Specialist is responsible for the care of how our employees get paid & the management of their benefits.
The Nuts & Bolts:
• Process semimonthly payroll for all our employees, upwards of 350 people, across multiple states; in compliance with company policy and state labor laws.
• Review, verify accuracy and enter payroll data into ADP Workforce Now, including new hire, separation and employee change documents.
• Demonstrate expeditiousness in answering payroll and benefits related questions
• Develop expertise and leverage experience to provide resolutions to complex challenges.
• Enter processed payroll data into Microsoft Navision (NAV) accounting database.
• Prepare mandated payroll data reporting to federal and state entities, including state workers compensation reporting.
• Review, prepare and maintain various employment deductions, including garnishments.
• Maintain organized personnel files in compliance with regulations.
• Determine, track, communicate and administer employee benefit programs such as health insurance
• Assist in workers compensation administration alongside the legal team.
• Communicate benefits programs, procedures, updates, and governmental mandated disclosures.
• Coordinate open enrollment and annual benefits renewals.
• Respond in a timely manner to benefit related inquires.
• Reconcile, enter and report monthly insurance invoicing.
• Administer COBRA eligibility, report COBRA elections to carriers and reconcile payments.
• Prepare and submit government reporting including ACA filings.
• Assist in recruitment postings, tracking and interview scheduling
• Assist in responding to unemployment claims, garnishments, and employee data requests.
• Assist periodic auditing
• Other human resources related projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel. Experience with ADP Workforce Now and Microsoft Navision (NAV) accounting software preferred.
• Working knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations regarding HR and payroll/benefits administration.
• Effective oral communication reflecting strong customer service skills. This includes being able to effectively respond and present information in a clear and concise manner, as well as listen and clarify.
• Ability to focus and effectively manage time and priorities in order to meet tight deadlines.
• Self-starter, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment without constant direction and supervision.
• Uses logic and methods to solve difficult problems and provide solutions in a timely manner.
• Proficient in Excel and data entry.
• Knowledge of ADP Workforce Now and accounting software.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in payroll and benefits.
• High attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal/written communication and customer service skills.
• Medical/dental/vision insurance
• 401(k), employee stock plan
• Flexible spending account (FSA)
• Generous paid time off (PTO)
• Reimbursable gym membership fees
• Pet insurance
• Beer cards (for free drinks at our pubs!)
• Employee pricing in our pubs
Please include desired pay in cover letter.
DARE, RISK, DREAM.