Rockset’s vision is to make the world more data driven. Building powerful data applications today requires a combination of complex interdependent data management systems that often resembles a Rube Goldberg machine of sorts. At Rockset, we imagine a world where developers and data scientists go from complex data sets to fast interactive applications and analysis effortlessly, within minutes. Rockset is built by experts with decades of experience in web-scale data management and distributed systems. Our team comprises engineers who helped create the online data and search infrastructure at Facebook, founded the Hadoop Filesystem project at Yahoo, implemented the Gmail backend at Google, and built databases at Oracle.
We're a fast-growing company. We value curiosity, diversity, and open-mindedness. You will solve interesting problems, surrounded by exceptional people, while making customers happy. We work hard, but also take our personal lives and experiences seriously. We are backed by Greylock Partners and Sequoia Capital, and based in San Mateo, CA.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are searching for a User Experience Designer with a portfolio of work consisting of visually-driven user experiences for the web, SaaS, native apps for touch devices, and digital products. We are interested in your process, the tools you've mastered and the passion you. Bring your interest and experience in data and analytics to work on cutting edge technology as part of our design team.
You'd be a great fit, if you have:
- 2+ years of UX , UI, IA, or interaction design experience.
- Proficiency with Sketch, Invision and Adobe CC
- Ability to quickly generate wireframes, user-flows, sitemaps and clickable prototypes
- Internalize, synthesize and simplify large amounts of information in making streamlined, scalable user experiences
- Capacity to tackle complex problems and find elegant, simple solutions
- Analytic skills to process user behavior analytics and implement UX improvements accordingly
- Resourcefulness to work closely with design and development teams in creating experiences that transcend expectations
It would be even more awesome if you also have:
- Academic background in human-computer interaction or psychology or visual design
- Familiarity with data science and data related workflows.
- Visual design experience
- Prototyping experience
- Competitive salary & equity at a fast-growing startup
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Lunch provided every day
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible paid time off (we encourage at least 3 weeks a year)
- Paid parental leave
- Work from Tahoe week, where for 1 work week the entire company temporarily relocates to Tahoe
- Fun office environment with TGIF happy hours, board game nights, picnics and BBQs
- Whatever equipment you need to get the job done
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.