Developer Advocate, Data Engineering
About Rockset Rockset’s vision is to make the world more data driven. Building powerful data applications today requires a combination of complex interdependent data management systems that often resembles a Rube Goldberg machine of sorts. At Rockset, we imagine a world where developers and data scientists go from complex data sets to fast interactive applications and analysis effortlessly, within minutes. Rockset is built by experts with decades of experience in web-scale data management and distributed systems. Our team comprises engineers who helped create the online data and search infrastructure at Facebook, founded the Hadoop Filesystem project at Yahoo, implemented the Gmail backend at Google, and built databases at Oracle.
We're a fast-growing company. We value curiosity, diversity, and open-mindedness. You will solve interesting problems, surrounded by exceptional people, while making customers happy. We work hard, but also take our personal lives and experiences seriously. We are backed by Greylock Partners and Sequoia Capital, and based in San Mateo, CA.
About the opportunity:
We are looking for our first Developer Evangelist to help meaningful and influential engagement with our growing community of data engineers and developers. The ideal candidate is a developer or data engineer who is curious and loves working with new technologies. You also love to share whatever you've learned with all of your friends. If you enjoy learning about new technologies and find yourself writing and sharing sample code as you learn and experiment, you'll enjoy this role.
The Developer Evangelist will work closely with executive leadership, product, engineering and sales to understand our roadmap and create engaging content to drive demand for Rockset.
- Help to shape and deliver on our strategy to drive adoption of Rockset’s new approach to building data-driven applications
- Be a thought leader and influencer in the online developer and data engineering community by contributing deep technical content to the Rockset blog, and building best practices in knowledge documents.
- Partner with product and engineering teams to develop joint solution architectures, code samples, demos and presentations
- Deliver compelling presentations, product demos, sample solution and drive community discussions to drive adoption of Rockset
- Create and nurture relationships with key external influencers in the database, data engineering and developer communities and participate in online community forums.
- Organize, speak at, and recruit for key events (e.g. meetups, user groups, hackathons, conferences) to reach a global community of developers and data engineers
- Represent Rockset at panel discussions, tech talks, industry and technology conferences and events.
You'd be a great fit, if you have:
- Proven experience writing technical blogs. This could be a personal blog or a company / community blog (this role should be able to influence technical communities)
- Strong presence in existing developers and data engineering communities, influencer status on social media
- Ability to develop, understand and explain technical solution architectures
- Ability to write code
- Experience in a related domain (data engineering, databases, analytics)
- Experience with modern data technologies like Amazon DynamoDB, MongoDB, Segment, Apache Kafka, Elasticsearch
- Competitive salary & equity at a fast-growing startup
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Lunch provided every day
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible paid time off (we encourage at least 3 weeks a year)
- Paid parental leave
- Work from Tahoe week, where for 1 work week the entire company temporarily relocates to Tahoe
- Fun office environment with TGIF happy hours, board game nights, picnics and BBQs
- Whatever equipment you need to get the job done
Our commitment to diversity We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.