Rockset’s vision is to make the world more data driven. Building powerful data applications today requires a combination of complex interdependent data management systems that often resembles a Rube Goldberg machine of sorts. At Rockset, we imagine a world where developers and data scientists go from complex data sets to fast interactive applications and analysis effortlessly, within minutes. Rockset is built by experts with decades of experience in web-scale data management and distributed systems. Our team comprises engineers who helped create the online data and search infrastructure at Facebook, founded the Hadoop Filesystem project at Yahoo, implemented the Gmail backend and Kubernetes at Google, and built databases at Oracle.
We're a fast-growing company. We value curiosity, diversity, and open-mindedness. You will solve interesting problems, surrounded by exceptional people, while making customers happy. We work hard, but also take our personal lives and experiences seriously. We are backed by Greylock Partners and Sequoia Capital, and based in San Mateo, CA.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Achieving Rockset's vision of creating the an easy-to-use data platform means building a stellar user interface. We are passionate about building a delightful and intuitive experience for our users, from importing their data all the way to building applications on top of Rockset. We're looking for engineers who will play a key role in the design and development of new user-facing features and components. Working on our modern React/Redux stack, you will be responsible for working closely with design and backend engineering, building new front-end features and incorporating best practices in our codebase.
You'd be a great fit, if you have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field of study
- Relevant professional experience leading front-end development teams and projects
- Experience in building infrastructure UI using modern web frameworks would be a plus
- Understanding user-centered design, progressive enhancement, accessibility, responsive design, and website performance
- Experience translating designs and making them functional through clean code and execution
- Interest in data driven software, data visualization, and human-computer interaction
- Strong communication skills to be used across engineering, product, and other functional teams
- Competitive salary & equity at a fast-growing startup
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Lunch provided every day
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible paid time off (we encourage at least 3 weeks a year)
- Paid parental leave
- Work from Tahoe week, where the entire company temporarily relocates to Tahoe for a week
- Fun office environment with TGIF happy hours, board game nights, picnics and BBQs
- Whatever equipment you need to get the job done
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.