Rockset’s vision is to make the world more data driven. Building powerful data applications today requires a combination of complex interdependent data management systems that often resembles a Rube Goldberg machine of sorts. At Rockset, we imagine a world where developers and data scientists go from complex data sets to fast interactive applications and analysis effortlessly, within minutes. Rockset is built by experts with decades of experience in web-scale data management and distributed systems. Our team comprises engineers who helped create the online data and search infrastructure at Facebook, founded the Hadoop Filesystem project at Yahoo, implemented the Gmail backend at Google, and built databases at Oracle.
We're a fast-growing company. We value curiosity, diversity, and open-mindedness. You will solve interesting problems, surrounded by exceptional people, while making customers happy. We work hard, but also take our personal lives and experiences seriously. We are backed by Greylock Partners and Sequoia Capital, and based in San Mateo, CA.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for people who are excited by distributed systems and database technologies. Expect to have a lot of influence over the system we are creating.
You will take ownership of projects, drive design decisions and build scalable and stable systems. You will contribute to an architecture that anticipates large deployments and can handle scale by designing clean, usable APIs. Our ideal candidate will have passion for crafting exceptional engineering solutions, striving for improving performance and helping customers succeed.
You'd be a great fit, if you have:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Professional experience in software development shipping production code
- Fluent in C++ or Java
- Experience engineering scalable distributed backend systems
- Experience with systems like Kubernetes, Kafka and Zookeeper is a plus
- Experience with Linux, containers and virtual machines is a plus
- Strong communication skills to be used across engineering, product and other functional teams
- Competitive salary & equity at a fast-growing startup
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Lunch provided every day
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible paid time off (we encourage at least 3 weeks a year)
- Paid parental leave
- Work from Tahoe week, where for 1 work week the entire company temporarily relocates to Tahoe
- Fun office environment with TGIF happy hours, board game nights, picnics and BBQs
- Whatever equipment you need to get the job done
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.