JOB TITLE: Senior Technician
We at Roastery are disrupting the way that coffee is made and distributed to help build the future of a $70 billion US coffee market with a group of coffee, design and technology experts backed by some of the leading venture firms in the valley. Our passion is to get better coffee into more people’s cups by leveraging the latest technology in hardware automation and IoT. Our founders include one of the first designers at Pinterest and a CEO with a previous acquisition in the hardware startup space. We’re looking to hire people who want to solve interesting problems and build things that have never been built before at the intersection of software, robotics, and hardware. If you want to work at a company that’s not a typical Silicon Valley startup, we’d love to chat with you about a Senior Technician role!
As a Senior Technician, you’ll join our small and dedicated full-time team of eight, which includes two co-founders (CEO, CTO), Head of Mechanical Engineering, Senior Mechanical Engineer, Head of Software, and Director of Coffee. We already have 3 functional prototypes roasting great coffee on a daily basis and are ready to take the platform to the next level. We’re looking for someone who wants to be part of a founding team who has taken products from ideation to launch and shipped them to market.
If you love building from the ground up, having a lot of ownership, taste-testing coffee on a daily basis, joining at a high equity-upside, and working from a bright and sunny office in the heart of the Mission District of San Francisco, we’d love to speak with you.
What you’ll do:
- Be responsible for assembly and inventory maintenance of mechanical and electromechanical prototypes and systems
- Fabricate and modify mechanical components as needed
- Support engineering testing, debugging and development efforts
- Write and perform assembly and test protocols
- Grow and maintain a small in-house machine shop
- 3-6 years of relevant industry experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude and experience using all manner of machine tools
- A thoughtful and organized approach to documentation, assembly, and support tasks
- Hands on technician with experience supporting projects from ideation to production
- Multitasker, able to juggle tasks and assume multiple roles in a team
- Experience working closely with mechanical and other engineers