JOB TITLE: Senior Electrical/Embedded Engineer
We at Roastery are disrupting the way that coffee is made and distributed to help build the future of a $70 billion US coffee market with a group of coffee, design and technology experts backed by some of the leading venture firms in the valley. Our passion is to get better coffee into more people’s cups by leveraging the latest technology in hardware automation and IoT. Our founders include one of the first designers at Pinterest and a CEO with a previous acquisition in the hardware startup space. We’re looking to hire people who want to solve interesting problems and build things that have never been built before at the intersection of software, robotics, and hardware. If you want to work at a company that’s not a typical Silicon Valley startup, we’d love to chat with you about a Senior Electrical / Embedded Engineer role!
As Senior Electrical/Embedded Engineer, you’ll join our small and dedicated full-time team of eight, which includes two co-founders (CEO, CTO), Head of Mechanical Engineering, Senior Mechanical Engineer, Head of Software, and Director of Coffee. We already have 3 functional prototypes roasting great coffee on a daily basis and are ready to take the platform to the next level. We’re looking for someone who wants to be part of a founding team who has taken products from ideation to launch and shipped them to market.
If you love building from the ground up, having a lot of ownership, taste-testing coffee on a daily basis, joining at a high equity-upside, and working from a bright and sunny office in the heart of the Mission District of San Francisco, we’d love to speak with you.
What you’ll do:
- Broad hardware design, testing and electronics/firmware implementation for coffee roaster products
- Works with closely with software, process and mechanical engineers in a team environment
- Be responsible for architectural design, schematic development, PCB layout guidance for outside services, and board bring up and debugging.
- FW code design and implementation,
- System level embedded system development leadership.
- Collaborate with the rest of the team to ensure safety, usability, and serviceability of the roaster as a whole
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering
- 7-10 years of relevant industry experience
- Hands-on experience with the development of microprocessor and embedded systems
- Firmware development experience required
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong hands on electronics design, testing and system level troubleshooting skills
- PCB schematic capture and layout software expertise (Altium a plus)
- Broad experience with sensor interfacing and signal processing
- Experience with A/D, I/O, logic design, and serial port communication
- Experience in board-level timing issues and working closely in tandem with an SW development team is highly desired
- Understanding of C programming
- Experience releasing products and developing electronics and firmware documentation
- Self-starter, able to identify next steps and implement development plan activities with minimal guidance
- Experience working with PID control of thermal systems is a plus