About Our Team
Here at RJ Reliance, Inc. (RJR), we strive to offer our clients a competitive advantage through sharing our expertise in the areas of Business Intelligence, HR, Payroll, and Workforce Management software. Our goal is simple: to find our clients the best solution for their needs and to ensure its successful implementation and integration into their organization.
Centered around Chicago, our team has decades of experience in software solutions and has performed advisory, audit, design, and project management work in more than 62 countries, in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. Our fast-growing company is looking to build our team of motivated experts and give them the freedom to take leadership and develop professionally while working with a diverse array of clients and software.
About the Role
RJR is looking for Summer Analysts to join our team to lead various initiatives, spanning internal business development, software development, and client-facing projects. RJR is looking for interested and talented candidates to join our organization and will tailor the experience to align with the analyst’s abilities, experience, and interests. We are looking for a variety of candidates; our primary internship pathways are listed below. This position will be located in Chicago, IL and the pay rate is $15/hr.
Software Development Path
- Custom application development experience
- Full stack development projects
- Kubernetes, RPA, and/or API development
- Take leadership of development areas within a Cloud enterprise software
- Work with RJR leadership to gather and document business requirements and objectives, and/or system infrastructure and security needs for the applications
- Gain hands-on back-end development experience with BI solutions, such as Tableau or QlikSense
- Use and learn project management principles to manage the applications development and delivery
- Work with the RJR team to facilitate the design, configuration, testing, or deployment of solutions for our clients and partners
- Active student pursuing a bachelor’s degree
- Current sophomore or junior preferred in Business, Computer Science, IT, Marketing, or related field. Open to other majors as well.
- Preference to candidates with experience or interest in (direct experience not required):
- Full stack software development (back-end development prioritized)
- Creative problem solving, client-facing communications
- Advanced MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, etc.)
- Cloud applications (Enterprise or point solutions)
At RJR, we are proud of our collaborative, innovative, and dynamic work environment and directly reward interns for their hard-work and skills. We offer:
- Office in downtown Chicago
- Diverse and rewarding experience with our team
- Accountabilities and responsibilities to rapidly grow your experience
- Utilizing cutting-edge and market-leading technologies
- Opportunities and support for professional and technical development
- Flexible scheduling for work-life balance
- Social events, outings, and happy hours