- Processing payroll and maintaining payroll information as required in ADP Vantage:
- Data entry for labor, leave and payroll transactions.
- Federal, State and Local taxes, including quarter and year-end reconciliations; Support year-end W-2 processing and audit.
- Gross to net calculation, audit, and balancing.
- Calculate and process off-cycle checks as needed.
- Prepare and maintain related payroll records and reports.
- Compiling data from a wide variety of sources (e.g. timesheet/payroll processes, salary adjustments, tax deposits, etc.) for the purpose of analyzing issues, ensuring compliance with mandated requirements, and monitoring payroll components.
- Researching discrepancies with payroll information for the purpose of ensuring accuracy and adherence to procedures prior to processing.
- Informing personnel, service providers, and internal departments regarding required documentation and procedures for the purpose of conveying information necessary to complete transactions.
- Create ADPR reports as needed.
- Verifying and auditing a variety of payroll-related information (e.g. timesheets, direct deposits, wage attachments, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring accurate distribution of funds and payroll.
- Maintaining, preparing and overseeing the preparation of a variety of payroll-related documents for the purpose of documenting activities and issues, meeting compliance requirements, and providing audit references. Documenting and updating current processes and procedures as required.
- Working directly with payroll vendor to resolve any discrepancies or system issues.
- Auditing payroll reports after each payroll run to confirm accuracy of wage, tax, and deduction information.
- Identifying and documenting all issues/errors and resolutions for future reference and process improvements.
- Resolve tax notices.
- Register for new federal, state and local tax entities.
- Close existing tax entities that are no longer in business.
The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to work effectively under pressure, independently, and within a collaborative team-oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making. The Payroll Administrator must be detail-oriented, analytical, and able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
This role also requires that the person demonstrate excellent communication and customer service to internal and external customers. As required, the Payroll Administrator will collaborate with Human Resources and other Corporate Financial Services staff to create efficient processes as well as troubleshoot data and processes by researching issues, and assisting with root cause analysis in order to define problems, recommend solutions, and to ensure stability and quality of the payroll process.
This position requires flexible working hours to accommodate payroll processing and could require work on holidays and/or overtime.
- 5+ years’ experience with processing high-volume, multi-state payroll consisting of 5,000+ employees.
- ADPR report-building experience required (on ADP EV5, Workforce Now, Vantage, or similar application).
- Strong knowledge of local, state, and federal payroll/tax regulations.
- Very high attention to detail; organized and thorough with a desire for continuous improvement.
- Strong computer skills; high degree of proficiency with MS Excel; working knowledge of ADP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Associates degree or high school diploma with equivalent work experience.