About Our Team
Here at RJ Reliance, Inc. (RJR), we strive to offer our clients a competitive advantage through sharing our expertise in the areas of HR, Payroll, and Workforce Management software. Our goal is simple: to find our clients the best solution for their needs and to ensure its successful implementation and integration into their organization.
Centered around Chicago, our team has decades of experience in software solutions and has performed advisory, audit, design, and project management work in more than 62 countries and all 50 states. Our fast-growing company is looking to build our team of motivated experts and give them the freedom to take leadership and develop professionally while working with a diverse array of clients and software.
About the Role
The HR Technology Project Manager is responsible for planning, managing, and successfully implementing new and cycle-based workforce management, human capital, and payroll projects for our clients. Qualified candidates will have strong experience managing multiple high-complexity HR technology projects and are experienced in effectively communicating and negotiating resource, cost, and timeline information. Qualified candidates will exercise leadership and organizational management skills to ensure all assigned projects meet time and cost estimates. The HR Technology Project Manager ensures projects are delivered on time and on budget, meeting the customer’s stated and implied business needs.
- Partner with HR, IT, and Business project sponsors to bring definition to a project; create project plan outlining scope, objectives, deliverables, dependencies, resource requirements, and timelines
- Ensure project is delivered on-time and on-budget
- Capture and document stakeholder requirements accurately and completely
- Evaluate deadlines and budgets to make sure the project remains on schedule. Activities include but not limited to: rearranging schedules, prioritizing various activities, making recommendations to support budget
- Create and deliver project level documentation (i.e., status reports, RAID logs, project plans etc)
- Track issues and risks, communicate status and escalate concerns applications in accordance with the project risk framework
- Manage project scope, timeline, resources, scheduling, status updates, and project management documents
- Partner with decision-makers, external consultants and end users to recommend optimal business processes relative to standard functionality. Lead site implementations across client’s business units which includes pilot/acceptance testing, data validation, development of data transformation, establishing rules and governance procedures, and post implementation support
- Gathers and documents customer milestone sign-offs
- Ensure projects are managed against the requirements of scope of work and manage applicable change control process
- Support project governance structure for projects and/or large work streams including project leadership, project update process/cadence and escalates critical decisions to reach stakeholders
- Drive and monitor escalations up and down program and project governance paths
- Establish and maintain strong client relationships
- Ensure a consistently high-level of quality deliverables throughout all projects
- Share knowledge to continually improve deployment methodology
- Experience managing multiple projects with proven success
- Familiarity with project management approaches and project lifecycles
- Experience managing multi-phase, complex IT projects including; defining project scope and budget, creating project plans, creating cutover/go-live plans, managing project resources, issue resolution, and status reporting and project analytics.
- Ability to translate complicated project concepts (milestones, risks, desired outcomes, decision options, etc.) into concise observations and recommendations
- Ability to assess, define, and implement actions to move stakeholders through the implementation process
- Hands-on experience participating in software implementation
projects as part of the implementation team
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and can clearly articulate complex messages and requirements to different audiences for different purposes
- Demonstrated commitment and achievement to delivery excellence and client relationship management
- Demonstrated strong proficiency utilizing project management tools such as MS Project and other MS Office toolsets (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint).
- Travel to client locations as required
- Prior experience with Time and Attendance, Human Capital Management, Payroll, and other professional services solutions strongly preferred
- Prior experience leading HRIS engagements in a Project Manager role strongly preferred
· PMP and/or Prince2 certification
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Technical architecture concepts
- Consultant and vendor management experience