PR Account Coordinator
As an agency of Brand Activists™, RIESTER motivates people to get involved with issues and brands that matter, and we are looking for a PR Coordinator with the roll-up-your-sleeves spirit and affinity for authentic storytelling to aid in building this passion.
RIESTER’s dynamic team of PR professionals creates brand conversations that engage communities and encourage individuals to take action. If you enjoy the challenge of crafting relatable brand stories through media outreach, publicity events, social media channels and innovative marketing strategies, this may be just the place to showcase your talents.
- Writing comes second nature to you, but you’re always striving to improve. That’s why you never run out of original story ideas, great pitches and news releases or intriguing story angles.
- You’re a “daily observer” of sorts—you see what we did there?—and keep a clip book of media coverage to help you report on audience reach and publicity value every month.
- Not only do you keep up with what your friends are doing (thank you, Facebook), but you also keep up with competitors and industry trends to make sure you’re delivering the best of the best for your clients.
- You know: press releases, media kits, presentation decks, social media posts, photo captions, emails—and more.
- A savvy communicator, you understand the power of social networks and platforms, online community forums and social media PR tools (such as online newsrooms and SMPRs) to get your clients front and center.
- You’re always on point with your media outreach, building relationships with the likes of reporters and bloggers, and contacting regional and national news outlets doesn’t phase you.
- You rather enjoy communicating daily with clients because it’s a great way to stay in touch (and on target).
- 2+ years in a PR role for an agency, corporation or community-based organization.
- Experience performing media outreach to a variety of regional and national news outlets, including newspapers, magazines and broadcast media.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in PR, marketing, communications, advertising or a related major.
- Ability to maintain key media and client relationships through clear, consistent communication on a daily basis.
- Impeccable written and verbal communications skills.
- Great attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Adept at all things Mac, as well as presentation software like PowerPoint and Keynote.
- Problem solver and original thinker.
- Have your own blog? Do share.
RIESTER is privately owned and headquartered in Phoenix, AZ with offices in Los Angeles and Park City. Competitive benefits package includes medical, dental, 401k, flex spending, vacation and more. Modern, fun and fast-paced work environment. Dog friendly.
This position is based in our Phoenix, AZ office.
No calls, please. EOE