RIESTER is currently looking for a bright, detail-oriented individual to join the accounting team! The Accounts Payable Specialist will process vendor invoices, initiate weekly check runs, resolve invoicing issues and maintain strong relationships with our internal teams and vendors. The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for a range of general clerical, accounting and bookkeeping support functions.
- Manage mail flow (opening, sorting and distributing items needing approval)
- Prepare and enter customer invoices for payment
- Responsible for processing weekly check run
- Prepare payments for signature / approval
- Work closely with the Billers on knowing client-specific details for accurate A/P entries
- Provide supporting backup documentation & assist in compiling
- Research & resolve media invoice discrepancies with Media and Billing contact
- Research & resolve PO discrepancies with Account Executive
- Assist in collecting (or coordinating the collection of) missing invoices
- Research and resolve vendor issues quickly
- Clear outstanding checks in the accounting system
- Utilize support position to maximum productivity
- Maintain vendor A/P files
- Assist CFO and Billing & AP Manager with various projects as necessary (i.e. 1099’s, vendor file creation, freelance time entry, etc.)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associate degree or higher in business or accounting preferred
- 1 - 3 years of experience in clerical accounting
- Proficient in MS Excel and knowledgeable of accounting software required
- Knowledge of GAAP and bookkeeping principles and procedures
- Privately owned, headquartered in Phoenix, AZ with offices in Los Angeles, CA, New York, NY and Park City, UT. This position is located in Phoenix.
- Benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k, Paid Holidays, Vacation & more
- Fun, fast-paced work environment
NO CALLS PLEASE, EOE.