RIESTER is seeking a Media Buyer with 2+ years of experience to join our fast-growing team in our brand new, New York City office.
An ideal candidate will have a great understanding of media, including traditional and digital media channels. The Media Buyer works to place client advertising messages in paid media outlets so that they are seen by targeted audiences across channels. This role involves working with the client to establish objectives as well as target audiences, and then determining the best media mix to reach that audience at the appropriate frequency and at the most efficient cost. The Media Buyer will be responsible for a wide-range of media related activities including requesting proposals, negotiating rates, presenting media plans, placing buys, confirming placements run as scheduled and ensuring accurate billing.
- Develop custom tailored media buys
- Maintain an excellent relationship with clients, vendors and internal departments
- Negotiate rates with vendors at the best possible terms
- Manage the implementation of all approved media plans and projects, including issuing insertion orders and communicating what creative deliverables are needed
- Execute buys in an efficient, timely manner
- Present buy summaries clearly, concisely, and persuasively to clients, prospects and internal teams
- Prepare performance reports and work closely with analytics department to gain actionable insights
- Collaborate with media team and share results of campaigns
- Stay up-to-date on the ever-changing media landscape and inform peers of such developments
- Some travel may be required
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Accounting, Marketing, Business or Communications preferred
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with consistent follow-through
- Knowledge of and history purchasing television and radio markets in upstate New York and Canada
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Excellent time-management and timely turn-around responses to clients
- Strong communication (oral and written) skills
- Solid understanding of media math
- Ability to work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary teams and knows who to engage with in order to create an efficient and smooth process
- A self-starter, highly responsive and able to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Assess media performance and provide recommendations for optimizing return on investment
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and Keynote. Knowledge of Strata is a plus.
- Privately owned, headquartered in Phoenix, AZ with offices in Los Angeles, Park City and New York City - This position is located in New York City.
- Competitive benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k, paid holidays, vacation & more
- Fun, fast-paced work environment
RIESTER has been motivating people to become passionate about and get involved with issues that matter. These roots as Brand Activists remain the foundation of our business today. Creating and believing in our client’s purpose, and caring about the sustainability of their brand’s success, has led RIESTER to become one of the largest independent advertising and public relations firms in the Western United States. Today, we have the knowledge, experience and resources to help businesses address important challenges in today’s vastly changing world.
NO CALLS PLEASE, EOE