RIESTER is looking for an experienced hybrid Senior Media Planner/Buyer who is familiar with planning and buying traditional and digital media. This person will be the day-to-day focal point to assigned accounts. It is the Senior Media Planner/Buyer who has the primary day-to-day responsibility for assigned accounts and is expected to have an understanding of the clients’ overall business and marketing objectives. The Senior Media Planner/Buyer is the steward of the entire media planning process and provides mid-level strategic recommendations to the leadership team and/or Client.
The Senior Media Planner/Buyer is expected to have a strong working knowledge of the existing media landscape and available media research. This includes Television, Radio, Out of Home, Digital, Social, Analytics and Reporting. The Media Planner/Buyer is expected to be an active participant on the business, consistently engaging with the team and contributing ideas and insights that will benefit our clients.
Job Skills & Requirements:
- Strategic media planning and buying, knowledge of gaming and tourism a plus
- 5+ years of Agency experience
- Aid in the creation of client media objectives and strategies
- Able to pull research through media tools, i.e. MRI, Kantar Stradegy, Scarborough, SQAD
- Determine partner selection, program details and rationale
- Assist in developing buying strategies for maximizing media dollars and handling media negotiations
- Author documents relating to the plan (must be able to create media brief and vendor RFP from client input)
- Create and maintain media plan flowcharts and media buy authorizations based on various client initiatives
- Maintain media budgets and provide media spend summaries
- Work in conjunction with accounting on client billing and vendor invoices
- Keep abreast of all invoice, billing and delivery issues; knows when to escalate discrepancies to supervisors
- Write POVs as needed and evaluate new media types / outlets
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Keynote. Knowledge of Strata is a plus.
- Field incoming proposals / phone calls for various clients
- Have an understanding of available targeting technologies, rich media capabilities and general activation capabilities of all available digital media tactics
- Excellent presentation skills a must
- Team player
- Ability to juggle several client projects at once
- Bachelor’s degree achieved, preferably with a concentration in Advertising, Accounting, Marketing, Business Administration or Communications, advanced degree is a plus
- Experience in the programmatic space a plus
- Some travel required
Client & Internal Relationships:
- Manage day-to-day client interaction
- Manage expectations of clients and deliverables
- Work closely with the client throughout entire program to maintain performance and resolve any performance issues
- Assist Director in advising clients on best ways to integrate media into their advertising and marketing programs
- Assist Director in expanding business opportunities among current client roster
- Work closely with the integration team to manage day-to-day client interactions, maintain performance etc.
RIESTER is privately owned and headquartered in Phoenix, AZ with offices in Los Angeles and Park City. Competitive benefits package includes medical, dental, 401k, flex spending, vacation and more. Modern, fun and fast-paced work environment. Dog friendly.
No calls, please. EOE