As a key member of the Ridgeline Software Engineering team, you would apply your excellent product management and technology skills as a product champion in this role. While guiding our products from design to production, you’d work directly with Product Strategy, industry experts, Engineering, and customers to capture, manage, and prioritize key business requirements, then translate and synthesize those needs for the Engineering team. (Empathy and judiciousness with a touch of tenacious come into play here.)
As one of Ridgeline's first 50 employees, you will help shape our culture, make a big impact on a small team, and learn what it takes to build a successful company. Our team aims to leave a legacy in an industry primed for change.
- Contribute business insight, design skills, and technical expertise to a team where design, strategy, and engineering collaborate closely
- Be involved in the entire software development process, from requirements gathering and design reviews through implementation
- Produce detailed functional use-case documents describing challenges along with the background needed for engineers to architect a solution
- Support hands-on quality assurance and documentation activities
- Think creatively, own problems, seek solutions, and communicate clearly along the way
- Contribute to a collaborative environment deeply rooted in learning, teaching, and transparency
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years experience in a product management or a similar function, with a track record of building and launching new products on a common platform
- Strong fintech industry knowledge and 3+ years experience in one or more areas: Portfolio Accounting, Trade Order Management, Portfolio Management, Customer Relationship Management, Settlement, Risk Management
- Willingness to learn about cutting-edge technologies while cultivating expertise in a business domain/problem space
- Engage closely with the engineering and strategy teams to help establish and achieve team goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Understand customer needs and gather product requirements to develop new products and enhance existing products
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to take initiative and build strong relationships
- A self-motivated and strong collaborator, with the ability to manage expectations and conflicting needs
- Technical, business, or related degree
- An aptitude for problem solving
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Serious interest in having fun at work
- Familiarity with or experience in engineering, UX/UI, customer support, or finance
- Experience with working with operations teams in a financial services organization
- Experience with agile development methodologies
Ridgeline was founded by Dave Duffield in late 2017 to develop enterprise software for the investment management industry. Headquartered in the Lake Tahoe Basin, Ridgeline’s employees enjoy the lake-in-the-mountains setting and quality of life the location offers.
These company core values guide our collective and individual behavior, decisions, relationships, and points of view: Employees, Customers, Integrity, Innovation, Fun, and Profitability. If these values frame what’s important to you, perhaps you’re one of us.
Ridgeline is proud to be a community-minded, discrimination-free equal opportunity workplace.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.