Projected Start Date :04-15-2019 End Date :10-11-2019
Duration :6 month(s)
Job Description :
Kforce has a client in search of a Senior API Engineer in Irving, Texas (TX). You are joining a multidisciplinary team of product managers, marketers, designers and engineers who create digital products that hundreds of thousands of people experience every day.
About the job:
The SSE must have a strong and continuously growing proficiency in RESTful API development focused on Node.js. This includes actively participating in designing, developing, reviewing, testing and deploying APIs (including supporting infrastructure) to drive our digital products. About you: You have a passion for code and putting the customer first and delivering an exceptional experience through the creation of extendable and re-usable products.
* Executes full product life-cycle (inception through deprecation) to create highly scalable and flexible RESTful APIs to enable an infinite number of digital products
* Collaborates with other Engineers, Creative/UX designers, Scrum Masters, Product Managers, Business Analysts and Architects
Primary Skills :
3-5 years of experience in product development as engineer or senior engineer
* Expert in Node.js
* Knowledgeable in cloud platforms (preferable AWS: both traditional EC2 and serverless Lambda), micro-services architecture, CI/CD solutions (including Docker), DevOps principles, message queue systems, and background task management
* Experience with API security frameworks, token management and user access control including OAuth, JWT, etc.
* Solid foundation and understanding of relational and NoSQL database principles
* Ability to work in an Agile /SCRUM environment
* Well organized with a bias for action with minimal direction
* A team player with a start-up/entrepreneur mindset
* Ravenous about learning technology and problem solving