Duration: Long Term
This position is a dynamic and highly visible role within the State of Wisconsin Department of Children and Families (DCF) Collections team. This role will focus on statewide IT modernization initiatives to transition, integrate, standardize and optimize claims, collections, and call center operations. This individual will coordinate business efforts to deliver the application solution through the use of an established IT project team, technical project manager, and existing timeline.
This role is managed by the collection’s manager as the main stakeholder of the application modernization effort. The incumbent will act as the primary product liaison between multiple business units, the IT development team, and stakeholders.
• Act as a product manager and key subject matter expert for the product and champion its efficiencies, benefits, and improvements to stakeholders.
• Conduct and organize pre-implementation and implementation events and presentations including:
o Training (including business workflow diagrams)
o process integration
o product demonstrations
• Work with Policy Experts to review and ensure that business requirements adhere to identified state and federal policies.
• Develop current state to future state business process workflows. Identify improvement opportunities and create structured approaches to close gaps.
• Develop transition plans, go-live implementation plans, and business rollout plans.
• Coordinate and collaborate change management with appropriate staff.
• Coach trainers on changes introduced by new product features.
• Leverage eLearning strategies to achieve and advance the professional development of users effectively and efficiently.
• Create compelling presentations to share effective practices, process improvements, and product advantages to internal and external users.
• Must be able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment involving multiple stakeholders of various levels.
• Coordinate business Subject Matter Experts and technical resources to facilitate requirements gathering.
• Work with the technology team to evangelize new, valued features and functionality.
• Strong leadership and communication skills are a must, including excellent listening skills and the ability to communicate technically and professionally at all levels.
• An enthusiastic personality to champion the project and product to internal and external stakeholders.
• A ‘self-starter’ mindset.
• Strong “marketing-focused” presentation abilities as this role will create and lead presentations to users, management, and customers.
• Ability to quickly become a trusted process advisor.
• Possess a high level of operational and critical thinking with ability to synthesize information from many sources to develop technical and business recommendations.
• Ability to gain cooperation and support through effective use of influence and persuasion required.
• The ability to analyze financial IT systems is desired.
• Must have participated or led Product Development projects within the role of product owner, product manager, or business analyst.
• Requirements gathering and user story creation.
• Software Product Roadmap building.
• Experience implementing complex business and political change initiatives.
• Experience engaging and working in an Agile/Scrum environment and culture.
• Familiarity with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Experience in the development and facilitation of planning and training sessions for executives, management, and users is strongly desired.
1. An in-person interview will be required before a final hire is made.
2. Please bring three (3) business references to an interview.
3. The selected candidate will be required to complete a criminal background check.
4. This position is budgeted for 1960 hours annually. Hours will be prorated the first year based on start date.
5. DCF does not sponsor work visas, either at the time of hire or at any later date.