The purpose of the FACS Replacement/ CCWIS Solution project is to enhance the IOWA Child Welfare system that serves our clients and will meet the new CCWIS guidelines. The new system will have the ability to track child welfare cases from initiation to completion, support identified data requirements (AFCARS, NYTD, NCANDS and other data requests) as well as have the ability to issue and allocate funding/payments (IV-E, IV-B, and SSI) to the state and federal government. The application will be primarily used by Social Workers, however, it may have interfaces with third parties (Court, Provider, foster care family/home, Medicals, Education and those that may be identified later) or may be integrated into third party applications. The new application will be built in modules as stipulated by the new CCWIS guidelines. Our objective is for the application to be seamless, prevent data duplication and can be integrated into other similar business application modules as needed.
The Division of Information Technology (DOIT) provides adaptable, secure, and cost-effective technology services and solutions across the Department of Human Services (DHS) Divisions, Partners and Citizens. We manage all of DHS’s IT assets, projects and resources, and we deliver technology and expertise to support Citizens of Iowa and their family’s every day. This includes consistently delivering top tier performance and value to citizens as a trusted partner and services provider.
DoIT is committed to the pursuit of creative and innovative solutions that enable our Agency to help Iowans achieve healthy, safe, stable and self-sufficient lives through the programs and services we provide. We strive for an IT culture that identifies the newest, most effective solutions through discovery, open discussion, and collaboration. We have fun together, care about each other and take pride in the solutions we provide. We believe in continuously optimizing our processes, refining our solutions and improving ourselves to the benefit of the Iowans we serve. If you are passionate about applying your creative and innovative architecture strategies and approaches across the Department of Human Services enterprise, then this is the role for you!
This position will be a technology strategist, change agent and innovator. This role design establishes and owns enterprise architecture and technology roadmaps to bring relevant, new technology to the agency and which will create and drive standard, reusable and consistent approach to enterprise IT processes. This role will collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure that data technology decisions and blueprints align with the overall Enterprise Architecture Framework and will work with other enterprise and solution architects to ensure alignment to meet agency goals.
This position will:
• The solution architect will be reasonable in developing a transition strategy from the FACS system (COBOL, IDMS database) to a CRM (Microsoft Dynamics solution), including User Experience, authoring, information, application, mobility, analytics, virtualization & infrastructure architecture within an Azure tenant.
• Recommend which contemporary technologies will drive business value & plans to leverage across the organization for the critical business models.
• Drive technology maturation/readiness and leverage into IT investments
• Partners closely with Core IT applications, platforms and services, and State Business Groups IT teams as well as the connected Enterprise groups.
• Partners with IT Leaders on business case development with careful consideration of migrating from current or legacy solutions and approaches
• Introduces reusable design components and recommends fit
+The successful candidate will possess extensive experience as it relates to:
• Proven strategic planning experience dealing with large systems –maintain a real perspective on what a multi-billion-dollar organizations with systems in tune of $50M to $200M annually need to have documented and operating correctly.
• Profound knowledge on tradition infrastructure platforms (Hosting, Network, Data Center) but also current state architectures such as Cloud (Public, Private, and Hybrid), Containers and Software Defined Data Centers.
• A current-day future focused IT thinker who can drill down to identify and define problems and issues, with the leadership experience to charter a course to meet current and future demands.
• Demonstrated architectural experience with multiple technical disciples, including storage, network, compute, voice, video and application development, across lines of business or entire enterprise domains.
• Ability to understand customer needs, negotiate complex issues to reach winning business strategies and architectural solutions.
• Experience building core platforms and reusable building blocks that meet a wide range of customer-facing solutions.
Skill | Required / Desired | Amount | of Experience
Experience in partnering with IT leaders on business case dev with careful consideration of migrating from current/legacy solutions and approaches. | Required | 10 | Years
Experience designing and documenting large IT systems containing heterogeneous technologies and multiple systems integrations points | Required | 10 | Years
Experience consulting, analyzing, designing, programming, configuring, installing and/or maintaining computer software applications, hardware, | Required | 10 | Years
telecommunications, or network infrastructure equipment, directing projects, providing customer or technical support in information technology | Required | 10 | Years
Experience with building IT solutions that adhere to various industry standards, compliance, and regulatory requirements, and technology standards | Required | 10 | Years
Experience working with tradition infrastructure platforms (Hosting, Network, Data Center) | Required | 10 | Years
Experience working with current state architectures including Cloud (Public, Private, and Hybrid), Containers and Software Defined Data Centers. | Required | 10 | Years
Experience in developing transition plans to migrate from Legacy applications to Next Generation applications built in the Cloud. | Required | 10 | Years
Experience in Microsoft .Net framework | Required | 10 | Years
Experience in Microsoft CRM Dynamics | Required | 10 | Years
Experience leveraging SMAC (social, mobile, analytics, and cloud) with cloud-first or mobile first type approaches. | Required | 4 | Years
Have worked in a DevSecOps environment using either Scrum or Kanban | Required | 4 | Years
Experience building core platforms and reusable building blocks to meet a wide range of solution | Required | 4 | Years
Understand different EA frameworks like TOGAF or Zachman | Required | 4 | Years
Experience in Mainframe application migration and knowledge of Cobol | Required | 4 | Years
Experience working with architectural technology like Sparx Enterprise Architect | Required | 4 | Years
Experience driving new technology roadmaps | Required | 2 | Years
Experience working in with Agile Projects. | Required | 2 | Years