The Department of Human Services, Division of Information Technology is developing a new Bureau of Enterprise Architect and IT Strategies and is in need of a highly motivated and skilled Enterprise Architect to make a strategic impact on the development of this bureau as a member of our Enterprise Architecture team! ! In this role, you would apply strategic thinking to create, influence and communicate technical plans, strategies, and architectures globally and across all levels of the Department of Human Services.
The Division of Information Technology (DOIT) provides adaptable, secure, and cost-effective technology services and solutions across the Department of Human Services (DHS) Divisions, Partners and Citizens. We manage all of DHS’s IT assets, projects and resources, and we deliver technology and expertise to support Citizens of Iowa and their family’s every day. This includes consistently delivering top tier performance and value to citizens as a trusted partner and services provider.
DoIT is committed to the pursuit of creative and innovative solutions that enable our Agency to help Iowans achieve healthy, safe, stable and self-sufficient lives through the programs and services we provide. We strive for an IT culture that identifies the newest, most effective solutions through discovery, open discussion, and collaboration. We have fun together, care about each other and take pride in the solutions we provide. We believe in continuously optimizing our processes, refining our solutions and improving ourselves to the benefit of the Iowans we serve. If you are passionate about applying your creative and innovative architecture strategies and approaches across the Department of Human Services enterprise, then this is the role for you!
This position will be a technology leader, strategist, change agent and innovator. This role design establishes and owns enterprise architecture and technology road-maps to bring relevant, new technology to the agency and which will create and drive standard, reusable and consistent approach to enterprise IT processes.
This role will collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure that data technology decisions and blueprints align with the overall Enterprise Architecture Framework and will work with other enterprise and solution architects to ensure alignment to meet agency goals.
This position will:
• Develop and govern enterprise architecture (including User Experience, authoring, information, application, mobility, analytics, virtualization & infrastructure architecture)
• Responsible for new technology road-maps.
• Recommend which contemporary technologies will drive business value & plans to leverage across the organization for the critical business models
• Drive technology maturation/readiness and leverage into IT investments
• Partners closely with Core IT applications, platforms and services, and State Business Groups IT teams as well as the connected Enterprise groups.
• Partners with IT Leaders on business case development with careful consideration of migrating from current or legacy solutions and approaches
• Establishes enterprise standards and policies in line with Enterprise Information management strategy
• Introduces reusable design components and recommends fit
• Runs a global team of key talent which ensures the integration of global technology trends and business/user needs
• Develops and governs enterprise architecture
• Drive technology maturation
The successful candidate will possess extensive experience as it relates to:
• Proven strategic planning experience dealing with large systems –maintain a real perspective on what a multi-billion dollar organizations with systems in tune of $50M to $200M annually need to have documented and operating correctly.
• Profound knowledge on tradition infrastructure platforms (Hosting, Network, Data Center) but also current state architectures such as Cloud (Public, Private, and Hybrid), Containers and Software Defined Data Centers.
• A current-day future focused IT thinker who can drill down to identify and define problems and issues, with the leadership experience to charter a course to meet current and future demands.
• Demonstrated architectural experience with multiple technical disciples, including storage, network, compute, voice, video and application development, across lines of business or entire enterprise domains.
• Extensive experience and background in architectural design and planning, setting strategic IT architectural direction and road-maps, across multiple lines of business within a large and highly complex organization.
• Ability to define the problem/issue and marketing research objectives, charter and resource research effort to create winning business strategies and solution architectures and roadmaps
• Ability to understand customer needs, negotiate complex issues to reach winning business strategies and architectural solutions.
• Experience building core platforms and reusable building blocks that meet a wide range of customer-facing solutions.
• SMAC (social, mobile, analytics, cloud) and its leverage with cloud-first or mobile-first types of approaches
NOTE: This client is NOT interested in seeing resumes from high-level developers who have done some level of siloed architecture or developers who want to be an architect. We’re looking for someone who can come in and standardize an organization that might have as many as 200 to 300 different technologies at present. Someone who is credible when surrounded by and engaged with several exceptionally talented and high-level solution architects currently onsite.
Required / Desired Skills
Skill | Required / Desired | Amount | of Experience
Experience in partnering with IT leaders on business case development with careful consideration of migrating from current or legacy solutions and a | Required | 10 | Years
Experience designing and documenting large IT systems containing heterogeneous technologies and multiple systems integrations points. | Required | 10 | Years
Experience developing and governing enterprise architecture (including User Experience, authoring, information, application, mobility, analytics, vi | Required | 10 | Years
Experience consulting, analyzing, designing, programming, configuring, installing and/or maintaining computer software applications, hardware, | Required | 10 | Years
telecommunications, or network infrastructure equipment, directing projects, providing customer or technical support in information technology | Required | 10 | Years
Experience with building IT solutions that adhere to various industry standards, compliance, and regulatory requirements, and technology standards | Required | 10 | Years
Experience working with tradition infrastructure platforms (Hosting, Network, Data Center) but also current state architectures such as Cloud (Public, | Required | 10 | Years
Private, and Hybrid), Containers and Software Defined Data Centers. | Required | 10 | Years
Experience leveraging SMAC (social, mobile, analytics, cloud) with cloud-first or mobile first type approaches. | Required | 4 | Years
Experience building core platforms and reusable building blocks to meet a wide range of solutions | Required | 4 | Years
Experience working with architectural technology | Required | 4 | Years
Experience driving new technology roadmaps | Required | 2 | Years
Experience managing teams | Required | 2 | Years
Experience working with Agile Projects | Required | 2 | Years