Job Description: Real Estate Associate
The Real Estate Associate position is an ideal opportunity for a real estate professional to obtain significant multifamily real estate experience at a fast-growing real estate investment company.
Riaz Capital is an Oakland-based developer and operator of workforce housing specifically focusing on how to address the changing housing need of the millennial generation. Our goal is to develop housing that anyone earning area median income can proudly call a home. Our mission is to create affordable-by-design housing for the workers of the Bay Area. We see this as a strategic and sustainable place to invest resources, as the 101 municipalities of the Bay Area have failed to create an adequate supply of affordable housing.
On account of our holistic approach to design, construction, and operations, we are uniquely positioned to both rehabilitate existing buildings and develop new properties into communities that meet the needs of today's Bay Area workforce. Our integrated group of companies, development, construction, and property management, delivers efficiency and long-term thinking to all of our projects while allowing us to create above-market returns for our investors.
The Associate will play an active role in supporting the senior staff, Directors and Principals on the acquisition process, finance and asset management activities, and fundraising. At it's core, the real estate analyst will play a major role in all control aspects related to the growth function of our company, and ensuring management is aware of potential problem areas by consistently updating our forecasts on current acquisitions and existing portfolio. The primary job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Finance and Asset Management
- Update all of our project and portfolio valuations on a quarterly and/or monthly basis, and subsequently notifying management of potential problem areas identified from analysis.
- Assist with loan underwriting and creating loan pitch decks
- Assist with compiling loan documents and financial support
- Assist with financial review of property financials, and property level budgeting.
- Assist with loan compliance and mandatory loan reporting activities
- Other misc. finance and asset management tasks as directed by principals
- Perform quarterly market surveys
- Perform various scenario analysis and sensitivity tables associated with current projects and funds.
- Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Creating preliminary investment thesis, powerpoint presentations, and other fundrasing materials at the directive of associates and principals.
- Market research and site visits of potential acquisitions
- Assist with management and coordination throughout the due diligence period of both acquisitions and dispositions.
- Perform underwriting and financial analysis for potential acquisitions
- Assist with compiling disclosures packages and support
- Support on supervision of acquisitions analyst to source new sites and provide guidance to analyst
- Transaction Coordination
- Assist with managing all logistical aspects on request for the acquisition, disposition, and financing transactions
- Ad-Hoc requests from principals and senior associates
The ideal candidate for this position will thrive in a highly entrepreneurial, social, and fast-paced environment. This candidate should be extremely motivated to learn about all aspects of the real estate investment field, be an enthusiastic team player, offer innovative ideas and have the ability to manage multiple priorities with competing deadlines. Excellent communication, analytical, decision-making, and follow-up skills are required.
- 5+ years (or equivalent) of experience in a real estate or combination with banking or private equity
- Highly Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong Experience with financial modeling (in excel - Argus is a plus, but not required)
- BS or BA in Business, Finance, Economics, Real Estate or Accounting
- Team player who can prioritize varied tasks from different managers
- Deadline oriented
- Passionate for a career in real estate
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Start Date: Immediately