Riaz Capital is an Oakland-based developer and operator of workforce housing specifically focusing on how to address the changing housing need of the millennial generation. Our goal is to develop housing that anyone earning area median income can proudly call a home. Our mission is to create affordable-by-design housing for the workers of the Bay Area. We see this as a strategic and sustainable place to invest resources, as the 101 municipalities of the Bay Area have failed to create an adequate supply of affordable housing.
This is an opportunity for a forward-thinking leader to help improve the infrastructure that supports a diverse team to manage 1000 units in the Bay Area market. This candidate will directly support the CFO/COO in managing the existing property management team. They will work with the property management, maintenance, leasing team, and asset management team to ensure company goals are achieved or exceeded. The position will ensure the investments perform in accordance with the business plan to meet or exceed return expectations on an operational basis.
This candidate should be extremely motivated to improve their understanding of all aspects of the real estate operations field, be an enthusiastic team player, offer innovative ideas and have the ability to manage to multiple short and long-term goals. The ideal candidate for this position will thrive in a highly entrepreneurial, social, and fast-paced environment.
- Supports CFO/COO on the overall performance of the portfolio.
- Responsible for updating, teaching, and reiterating company processes and improving upon them when needed.
- Meet with property management team on a weekly basis to communicate action items and resolve outstanding issues.
- Ensure property management database is updated in a timely manner
- Make regular site visits to the properties in the portfolio
- Support in managing critical tenant relationships or issues.
- Ensure that all elements of the physical property maintenance are addressed in a cost-efficient way and timely manner
- Reviews revenue reporting on a recurring basis and determines actions to correct which they report down to the property management team.
- Supervise weekly/monthly property management reports are completed
- Assist in budget preparation and analysis
- Ensure compliance with all Fair Housing regulations and local ordinances and laws for his portfolio
- Consistently update job knowledge and keep abreast of new technologies, systems, and procedures related to property management
- Define and Manage Leasing initiatives for the portfolio
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university and a minimum of three years of related experience and/or training. Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics is a plus but not required.
- 5+ Years in Property Management or Asset Management role or related field.
- Knowledge of real estate industry and terminology
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret property financial information Candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to communicate for the company to external parties.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel/Word/Microsoft Project and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in Yardi or other property management software is a plus
Riaz Capital is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Start Date: Immediately