Riaz Capital is an Oakland-based developer and operator of workforce housing specifically focusing on how to address the changing housing need of the millennial generation. Our goal is to develop housing that anyone earning area median income can proudly call a home. Our mission is to create affordable-by-design housing for the workers of the Bay Area. We see this as a strategic and sustainable place to invest resources, as the 101 municipalities of the Bay Area have failed to create an adequate supply of affordable housing.
This is an opportunity for a forward-thinking leader to help improve the infrastructure that supports a diverse team to manage 1000 units in the Bay Area market. This candidate will directly support the COO on managing the operations of the management company. They will work with the property management, maintenance and leasing team to ensure company goals are achieved or exceeded. The position will ensure the investments perform in accordance with the business plan to meet or exceed return expectations on an operational basis.
Asset Management Responsibilities include:
a. Responsible for the supporting COO on the overall operations of the portfolio
b. Responsible for updating, teaching, and reiterating company processes and improving upon them when needed.
c. Ensure timely revenue collections on the portfolio level.
d. Ensure all revenue related items are collected by the Property Management (PM) team
e. Meet with property management team on a weekly basis to communicate action items and resolve outstanding issues.
f. Ensure property management database is updated in timely manner
g. Make regular site visits to the properties in the portfolio
h. Support on managing critical tenant relationships or issues.
i. Ensure that all elements of the physical property maintenance are addressed in a cost efficient way and timely manner
j. Reviews revenue reporting on a recurring basis and determines actions to correct which they report down to the property management team.
k. Supervise weekly/monthly property management reports are completed
l. Assist in budget preparation and analysis
m. Ensure compliance with all Fair Housing regulations and local ordinances and laws for his portfolio
n. Consistently update job knowledge and keep abreast of new technologies, systems and procedures related to property management by participating in:
o. Define and Manage Leasing initiatives for the portfolio
p. Assist leasing team with collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and market trends on a regular basis
This candidate should be extremely motivated to improve their understanding of all aspects of the real estate operations field, be an enthusiastic team player, offer innovative ideas and have the ability to manage to multiple short and long term goals. The ideal candidate for this position will thrive in a highly entrepreneurial, social, and fast-paced environment. Excellent communication, decision-making and follow-up skills are required.
· Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university and a minimum of three years of related experience and/or training. Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics is a plus but not required.
· 2+ Years in Property Management or Asset Management role or related field.
· Knowledge of real estate investment industry and terminology
· Knowledge of property management industry terms and principles
· Knowledge of finance and accounting industry terms and principles
· Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret property financial information
· Ability to problem-solve, both independently and working as a team
· Ability to clearly communicate tasks to the team and manage from a top down approach
· Ensure weekly, monthly and ad hoc deadlines are hit on time.
· Candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to communicate for the company to external parties.
· Advanced knowledge of Excel/Word/Microsoft Project and PowerPoint
· Proficiency in Yardi or other property management software is a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Start Date: Immediately