The Asset Management position is an ideal opportunity for a real estate professional to obtain significant multifamily real estate experience at a fast-growing real estate investment company.
Riaz Capital is an Oakland-based developer and operator of workforce housing specifically focusing on how to address the changing housing need of the millennial generation. Our goal is to profitably develop housing that anyone earning area median income can proudly call home. Our mission is to create affordable-by-design housing for the workers of the Bay Area through our existing portfolio of 1000+ units and 310 units currently under development. We see this as a strategic and sustainable place to invest resources, as the 101 municipalities of the Bay Area have failed to create an adequate supply of affordable housing.
On account of our holistic approach to design, construction, and operations, we are uniquely positioned to both rehabilitate existing buildings and develop new properties into communities that meet the needs of today's Bay Area workforce. Our integrated group of development, construction, and property management functions delivers efficiency and long-term thinking to all of our projects while allowing us to create above-market returns for our investors.
Our principals have been successfully operating in the Bay Area since 1977 and in the East Bay multifamily market since 1999, with our core competency being in mid-market multi-family re-positioning. Currently we own and operate 1,000+ units with building sizes ranging from 6 - 127 units. At the development level, we currently employ 16 people, with a total of 60 people company-wide.
The Asset Manager will play an active role in managing the portfolio and ensuring the investments perform in accordance with the business plan to meet or exceed return expectations. The primary job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with financial review of property financials, and property level budgeting.
- Manage the investor and Loan reporting processes, including monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reporting to investors on property performance.
- Manage renovations and building construction projects, including developing and executing on the schedule and budget.
- Review contracts and assist with drafting and reviewing contract documents and change orders.
- Act as a liaison between Project Manager and subcontractors, preparing and disseminating information regarding contract status, compliance and modification.
- Work closely with the Head of Property Management to help supervise property management team to execute on the value add business plan
- Manage high level ad hoc property management issues that arise to ensure stability of investments and mitigate risk.
- Manage the rent increase process.
- Minimal Assistance with management and coordination throughout the due diligence period of both acquisitions and dispositions.
- Assist with compiling disclosures packages and support
- Support the loan and refinance process, including working with lenders, compiling loan documents and financial support,
- Manage loan compliance and mandatory loan reporting activities
- Other misc. finance and asset management tasks
The ideal candidate for this position will thrive in a highly entrepreneurial, social, and fast-paced environment. This candidate should be extremely motivated to improve their understanding of all aspects of the real estate investment field, be an enthusiastic team player, offer innovative ideas and have the ability to manage multiple priorities. Excellent communication, analytical, decision-making and follow-up skills are required.
• 3+ years (or equivalent) of experience in a real estate (preferred), Public Accounting, or related field (banking, or consulting).
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office Including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
• Experience in Accounting, property management, construction, and project management recommended but not required.
• Team player who can prioritize varied tasks from different managers
• Deadline and Detailed oriented
• Strong Desire Career in Multi-family real estate
• BS or BA in Business, Finance, Real Estate or related field
• Salary: Commensurate with experience
We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements with your application.