Riaz Capital is a fully integrated development, construction and property management company, focused on addressing the changing housing needs of the millennial generation. With a unique appreciation for design and architecture, we find properties in desirable locations and rehabilitate existing buildings as well as develop new properties to create stylish, desirable homes that meet the needs of today’s Bay Area workforce, while bringing value to the communities around them. Our integrated group of companies across development, construction, and property management delivers efficiency and long-term thinking to all of our projects while allowing us to create above-market returns for our investors.
The Riaz Capital team includes over 60 talented real estate investment, construction and operations professionals across its offices in San Francisco and Oakland. Our Principals have been successfully operating in the Bay Area since 1977. The Company currently owns and operates ~1,000 units, with $250 Million of assets under management (AUM). Riaz Capital has maintained consistent growth over the last 5+ years, and after the completion of three development projects currently in process, that number will increase to ~1,300 units with ~$400 Million AUM by 2019.
Our latest projects are aimed at creating affordable and conveniently located housing for young professionals in the East Bay through ground up development projects. The Bay Area's tremendous growth has resulted in skyrocketing housing costs forcing young professionals to make hard choices about privacy and savings to find a reasonable housing option to call home. On average, Bay Area millennial are spending 48% of their income on housing verses a national average of 25%.
We are seeking highly motivated, forward thinking professionals to join our team in solving this important housing problem to provide comfortable, cool and reasonably priced housing for the "missing middle."
The Associate position is an ideal opportunity for a real estate professional to obtain significant and varied functional experience as a core member of a fast-growing real estate investment and development company. This position is chiefly responsible for managing the overall performance of a dynamic and rapidly-expanding portfolio of stabilized, value-add, and development assets.
Primary job functions:
- Develop property value-add business plans and supervise property management
- Oversee capital improvements, including collaborating with project managers
- Responsible for revenue management and annual operating budget development
- Manage financing, including modeling, transactions, and reporting requirements
- Provide financials, disclosures, and other support for acquisitions / dispositions
- Manage programmatic and ad hoc investor and lender communications
- Perform or collaborate on due diligence of potential acquisitions / dispositions
- Collaborate to develop implementable business processes for a rapidly scaling firm
- Perform or oversee other critical functions – such as marketing, leasing, and operations – as directed by senior management
The ideal candidate for this position will thrive in a highly entrepreneurial, social, and fast-paced environment. This candidate should be extremely motivated to build a wide-ranging skillset in operating commercial real estate, be an enthusiastic team player, offer innovative ideas and effectively manage competing priorities. Excellent communication, analytical, decision-making and follow-up skills are required.
- 3+ years of experience in Commercial Real Estate, Public Accounting, or related field
- Debt financing, investor reporting, acquisitions / asset management responsibilities a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Team player who can prioritize varied tasks; deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong desire for a career in multifamily real estate
- BS or BA in Business, Finance, Real Estate or related field
We offer a competitive salary and benefits. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements with your application.
Start Date: Immediately
Riaz Capital is an equal opportunity employer and believes diversity in the workplace results in more innovative solutions and drives value for our firm.