Job Description: Acquisitions Analyst
The Land Acquisitions Analyst position is an ideal opportunity for a real estate sales professional to obtain significant multifamily real estate experience at a fast-growing real estate investment company.
Riaz Capital is an Oakland-based developer and operator of workforce housing specifically focusing on how to address the changing housing need of the millennial generation. Our goal is to develop housing that anyone earning area median income can proudly call a home. Our mission is to create affordable-by-design housing for the workers of the Bay Area. We see this as a strategic and sustainable place to invest resources, as the 101 municipalities of the Bay Area have failed to create an adequate supply of affordable housing.
On account of our holistic approach to design, construction, and operations, we are uniquely positioned to both rehabilitate existing buildings and develop new properties into communities that meet the needs of today's Bay Area workforce. Our integrated group of companies, development, construction, and property management, delivers efficiency and long-term thinking to all of our projects while allowing us to create above-market returns for our investors.
The Analyst will play an active role in supporting the senior staff and principals on the acquisition process for our new fund. The primary job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Acquisitions and Business Development
- Field and make cold and warm calls to owners of potential acquisitions
- Work with our broker network to source both on and off-market opportunities
- Organize and implement direct mailer to owner program
- Conduct market research and visit sites of potential acquisitions
- Track rent, sales, and new development activities in the submarkets
- Present opportunities to senior staff and Principals
- Work closely with Real Estate associate to conduct and coordinate due diligence activities for acquisitions on an as needed basis
- Assist with underwriting and financial analysis by creating and preparing valuations for potential acquisitions utilizing our models in Microsoft Excel
The ideal candidate for this position will thrive in a highly entrepreneurial, social, and fast-paced environment. This candidate should be extremely motivated to learn about all aspects of the real estate investment field, be an enthusiastic team player, offer innovative ideas and have the ability to manage multiple priorities. Excellent communication, analytical, decision-making and follow-up skills are required.
- 1+ years (or equivalent) of experience in a real estate brokerage, transaction coordination, investment sales, or Sales Role
- Real Estate Sales Agent License a plus.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Experience with financial modeling a plus (in excel or Argus)
- Passion for Real Estate
- Positive Attitude and willingness to learn
- Ablility to prioritize various tasks with different managers
- BS or BA in Business, Finance, Real Estate or related field
Riaz Capital is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Start Date: Immediately