Riaz Capital is an Oakland-based developer and operator of workforce housing specifically focusing on how to address the changing housing need of the millennial generation. Our goal is to develop housing that anyone earning area median income can proudly call a home. Our mission is to create affordable-by-design housing for the workers of the Bay Area. We see this as a strategic and sustainable place to invest resources, as the 101 municipalities of the Bay Area have failed to create an adequate supply of affordable housing.
The Project Manager is responsible for working with our development team to take projects from conception through completion of construction. Work will include coordination of all consultants from Conceptual Design through Construction Documents, and construction vendors through completion of construction.
This position requires a highly-motivated person with a minimum of 5 years working in a real estate development or construction firm. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about real estate development, has direct experience managing multi-family development projects, understands detailed construction document sets, as well as the entitlement and financing process. Additionally, the candidate must be proficient in creating and managing a construction budget, and is eager to assist and learn in whatever capacity is needed. Salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s abilities, talents and experience.
- Manage 3-5 construction projects at one time from design and feasibility through completion of construction.
- Responsible for coordination and management of external consultants and vendors.
- Manage financing and loan draw process.
- Work with external architects on putting together CD set and obtain all necessary permits from the Planning and Building Department.
- Work acquisitions team to develop project schedule, update take-offs for cost analysis, and manage the schedule throughout the construction period to ensure it is current and reflective of any changes.
- Manage AP to vendors with the project accountant by coding
- Act as the lead in weekly on-site project meetings, and provide weekly report on status to direct report and the rest of the team.
- Collaborate with Construction Manager to assist with subcontractor bidding, contract negotiations, and overall scheduling of subs.
- Collaborate with Construction Manager to ensure project budget is up to date during the project.
- Support Lead Project Manager as needed.
- 5+ years’ experience working in project or development management
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year university with a degree in Project Management, Construction Management, Architecture, or Real Estate Development.
- Excellent visual, written and oral communication skills with ability to efficiently interface with project team and clients
- Passion for Project Management and Real Estate Development.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, with proficiency in Auto CAD and Procore a plus
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- Thorough knowledge of architectural drafting, detailing, building materials, building codes and construction
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.