RevolutionParts is a rapidly-growing software company based in sunny Arizona. We are a tech company dedicated to modernizing the auto industry with a revolutionary parts commerce platform that’s already helped over a thousand dealerships sell auto parts online.
We’re seeking talented individuals who can adapt to a fast-paced environment. Join our team to work with a down-to-earth group of people who stick to our core values and genuinely care about providing a quality experience to customers and employees alike!
About the role:
RevolutionParts is seeking a Technical SEO Manager to develop and implement effective search engine optimization (SEO) strategies for our e-commerce clients.
Identify and Resolve Technical SEO Issues
- Set-up Google/Bing Webmaster Tools accounts for client webstores, then monitor and resolve any crawling or indexing issues.
- Have a solid knowledge of the search engine spidering, crawling and indexing process, while understanding the importance of XML sitemaps, robots.txt files, and 301 redirects to those processes.
- Have a solid knowledge of web server function, including common server error codes (e.g. 404).
- Have an excellent understanding of schema markup and structured data
- Have a strong familiarity with the web development process, including the important points at which SEO must be considered.
- Demonstrate understanding of how duplicate content and page load speed affects SEO by advising clients on best practices for successful implementation and improvement.
Monitor, Analyze and Report on SEO Performance
- Monitor client web stores regularly for technical crawl issues and other relevant errors using a variety of SEO tools and expertise.
- Analyze backlinks to client and competitor sites to identify outdated links, 404s, incorrect redirects, or opportunities for competitive improvement.
- Provide insightful analyses and commentary addressing KPI trends and progress. Provide actionable recommendations aimed at addressing gaps in performance, leveraging current strengths, and building on past successes to take advantage of recognized opportunities.
- Prepare periodic reports (weekly/monthly/quarterly, as appropriate to the project) that surface important trends and campaign progress in relevant KPIs, using properly formatted charts, tables, and narratives as appropriate.
- Have strong working knowledge of Excel, including the ability to perform pivot tables and VLOOKUPs (understanding of INDEX/MATCH is a plus).
Audit Websites for SEO Issues
- Using a variety of tools (including aHrefs, Screaming Frog, FireBug, and others), inspect websites for on-page, off-page and technical issues.
Conduct Keyword/Persona Research
- Use a variety of tools, competitive research and other methods to discover optimal keyword targets appropriate to the business needs of our clients.
- Determine the persona of the ideal target for our clients, and align SEO strategies and tactics accordingly.
- Determine the metrics that are most important/relevant to our clients, and align SEO strategies and tactics to maximize impact (and ROI) within the budget available.
Consult on Site-Level SEO Strategies
- Apply, and be able to explain, the concept of content siloing to client website organization.
- Conduct content gap analyses and develop content creation strategies/roadmaps.
- Apply, and be able to explain, SEO best practices for site navigation, breadcrumbing, internal links (including anchor text optimization), and HTML sitemaps to client websites.
- Apply, and be able to explain, SEO best practices for domain, sub-domain and directory structure to client websites.
Conduct Page-Level Optimization
- Execute optimization of webpages for clients’ target keywords.
- Demonstrate the importance of linear keyword distribution and reading level to page-level optimization.
- Clearly convey campaign progress, priorities, issues, concerns, new strategy ideas, etc. to coworkers and clients.
- Prepare project deliverables with a high-level of quality (in terms of both substance, format, and understandability). Documents will be accurate, grammatical, easy to read, and spell-checked.
- Surface project/campaign issues to SEO Manager in a timely manner, in order to provide highly responsive service to the client.
- Prepare for, attend, and contribute to internal and client-facing project meetings.
- Prepare for, attend, and contribute to SEO team meetings.
- Top salary
- Medical, dental, and 401k retirement plan
- Rewards for high-performers (opportunity for bonuses!)
- Opportunity for career advancement
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- Casual dress code
- Free food! Catered lunch every Friday + fully stocked fridge and snacks
- Drinks on us with team happy hours and beer fridge
- Gym reimbursement