RevolutionParts is a rapidly-growing software company based in sunny Arizona. We are a tech company dedicated to modernizing the auto industry with a revolutionary parts commerce platform that’s already helped over a thousand dealerships sell auto parts online.
We’re seeking talented individuals who can adapt to a fast-paced environment. Join our team to work with a down-to-earth group of people who stick to our core values and genuinely care about providing a quality experience to customers and employees alike!
About the role:
RevolutionParts is looking for a talented senior DevOps engineer to help evolve our technology to support our next phase of growth. You'll be joining a team of professionals that are dedicated to providing cutting edge e-commerce solutions to the auto parts industry.
If you want a clear-cut role with the same tasks for years, this is not for you. If you like to think big and work on a variety of projects, we need you!
- Design, implement and maintain infrastructure as code using automation tools to provision, manage and monitor cloud infrastructure
- Integrate and deliver on security best practices, establishing key controls through pipelines, infrastructure and architectural/design approaches
- Partner with development team to continue to drive improvements to the CI/CD pipeline for code and infrastructure
- Continually look for opportunities to improve service availability, security standards, performance, efficiency, resiliency and business continuity
- Continually look for opportunities to optimizes cost, availability and performance for our cloud infrastructure
- Improve application and infrastructure monitoring, self healing, and alerting
- Apply sound release management and configuration management principles to ensure the stability of production environments
- Participation in on-call rotation – which includes handling escalations with weekend and after hours support
Skills and experience you should possess:
- Bachelor and/or Masters in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years coding experience writing and maintaining tools and scripts to support automation and operations
- 3+ years experience with a cloud provider, designing and maintaining a scaleable and robust infrastructure
- 3+ years experience in designing/building/maintaining CI/CD pipeline and related tools
- 3+ years experience in designing, implementing and maintaining infrastructure as code using automation tools
- Must like the dynamic and fast-paced nature of a smaller team working in a company doubling in size each year
- Optimizing techniques and toolsets
- Can lead conversations around performance vs cost tradeoffs
- Experience supporting APIs (internal or external)
- Understanding of databases, relational or not. SQL.
- Architecture decision making - real-time, batch, queue-based processing
- Mentor engineering team members around infrastructure
- Can communicate and work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Can drive projects from a technical perspective
- Handling escalations and after hours support.
- Passionate about working in a fast paced Agile environment while encouraging DevOps culture
- Experience supporting large-scale Web/Internet application architecture and APIs (internal or external)
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in building and administering AMIs and Containers using tools such as Docker, Vagrant, Packer, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with Kibana, ElasticSearch, Filebeat
- Scripting Languages (We do a lot of coding in PHP)
- Experience using AWS
- Experience using Jenkins for CI/CD and other automation tasks
- Experience using Terraform, Ansible or other similar tools
- Top salary
- Medical, dental, and 401k retirement plan
- Rewards for high-performers (opportunity for bonuses!)
- Opportunity for career advancement
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- Casual dress code
- Free food! Catered lunch every Friday + fully stocked fridge and snacks
- Drinks on us with team happy hours and beer fridge
- Gym reimbursement
**We are not currently offering visa sponsorship**