RevolutionParts is a rapidly-growing software company based in sunny Arizona. We are a tech company dedicated to modernizing the auto industry with a revolutionary parts commerce platform that’s already helped over a thousand dealerships sell auto parts online.
We’re seeking talented individuals who can adapt to a fast-paced environment. Join our team to work with a down-to-earth group of people who stick to our core values and genuinely care about providing a quality experience to customers and employees alike!
About the role:
RevolutionParts is looking for a talented Senior engineer to help evolve our technology to support our next phase of growth. You'll be joining a team of professionals that are dedicated to providing cutting edge e-commerce solutions to the auto parts industry.
If you want a clear-cut role with the same tasks for years, this is not for you. If you like to think big and work on a variety of projects, we need you!
Here's a sample of project descriptions:
- We have 50 million parts in a DB. Create a technology stack that can support real-time dynamic search of these parts (Google style) -- think "2010 accord water pump". Possible solutions: ElasticSearch, node.js, parallel processing
- We have a history of 700,000+ orders. Create a recommendation engine that will suggest other parts along with what a buyer already has in their cart. Recommendations should be for parts that fit the same car and results are returned within 100 ms or less.
- Design a public REST API for parts dealers to import orders that they get from sources other than our stores.. Possible solutions: Authentication, JSON, Good API design.
- Create an internal shopping cart service that can manage millions of carts a month. Possible solutions: memcached/redis, NoSQL, scaling, availability
- We need to spin up 50 servers on AWS to crunch some numbers every month. Let's automate that.
Skills and experience you should possess:
- Bachelor and/or Masters in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- You have 5+ years of experience and you are hungry for new challenges
- A solid understanding of OO design and all Computer Science fundamentals
- Must like the dynamic and fast-paced nature of a smaller team working in a company doubling in size each year
- Experience designing APIs (internal or external)
- Experience designing high-availability-self-healing system
- Understanding of databases, relational or not. SQL.
- Architecture decision making - real-time, batch, queue-based processing?
- Scripting Languages (We do a lot of coding in PHP)
- Mentor junior engineer team members
- Can communicate and work effectively with cross functional teams
- Can drive projects from a technical perspective
- Top salary and stock options
- Medical, dental, and 401k retirement plan
- Rewards for high-performers (opportunity for bonuses!)
- Opportunity for career advancement
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- Casual dress code
- Free food! Catered lunch every Friday + fully stocked fridge and snacks
- Drinks on us with team happy hours and beer fridge
- Gym reimbursement