We are RevolutionParts, and we are on a mission to disrupt and dominate the auto parts e-Commerce industry by providing our customers a simple, yet cutting-edge solution so they can thrive in a highly competitive online market. Our ongoing focus is to build THE industry-leading eCommerce platform that keeps customers coming back. We believe that things are better when each and every one of us is working towards the same set of goals, and we are beyond excited that you’d consider joining us on our mission.
RevolutionParts launched in 2013 with a simple goal: use our decades of experience to revolutionize an archaic industry, providing a better way for our customers to help people stay mobile through selling parts online. Make the process dramatically more efficient. Make it hassle-free. Provide the best solution. And of course, do it online. The automotive industry is primed for a revolution and we are leading that call.
Welcome to RevolutionParts!
The Software Engineering department is looking for our next teammate to help evolve our technology to support our next phase of growth. You'll be joining a team of problem-solving achievers where everyone—including you—is striving to constantly improve their knowledge of infrastructure, systems, and cares about minimizing downtime. We are an incredibly supportive team–we love to pitch in when problems arise and give great peer feedback to help each other grow. We are a product company. If you want a clear-cut role with the same tasks for years, this is not for you. If you like to think big and work on a variety of projects, we need you!
Your Impact on Our Mission
- Objective (why does the role exist)
Build THE industry-leading eCommerce platform that revolutionizes how auto parts are bought and sold.
- Key Result (how does the role contribute to our mission)
By developing innovative, simple, yet cutting-edge SaaS solutions that WOW our customers
- Key Result (how will it be measured)
Success is measured by contributing to product velocity, quality and customer satisfaction.
Who You Are
- Agile with the ability to communicate and collaborate within the team and cross-functionally
- No Ego, no fear...the best idea wins, period!
- Achiever...you like making an impact and driving projects from a technical perspective
- Tenacious...you relish working in a dynamic and fast-paced company
- Curious...you love to ask why and enjoy creative “solutioning” via an innovative approach.
Day in the Life
- You’ll work collaboratively with Tech Ops, Product Management and UX/UI to drive the implementation and release of major features, and be a champion of best practices for writing well-tested, well-organized code.
- You’ll design and implement your features to be scalable and resilient.
- You’ll be a driver for positive change to RevolutionPart’s engineering culture, processes, and technology
- That might include challenges like:
- Create a technology stack that can support a real-time dynamic search of these parts (Google style) -- think "2010 accord water pump".
- Create a recommendation engine that will suggest other parts along with what a buyer already has in their cart.
- Design a public REST API for parts dealers to import orders that they get from sources other than our stores.
- Create an internal shopping cart service that can manage millions of carts a month.
What You Have
- 2-8+ years of experience and you are hungry for new challenges (hiring all levels from SE II to Staff Engineers)
- A solid understanding of OO design and all Computer Science fundamentals
- Experience designing APIs (internal or external) and high-availability-self-healing system
- Understanding of databases, relational or NOSQL.
- Architecture decision making - real-time, batch, queue-based processing?
- Scripting Languages (We do a lot of coding in PHP)
Ideally, you also have (optional)
- Bachelor and/or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Enjoy mentoring junior engineer teammates
- Our product and customer base will only expand creating the opportunity to grow in your development expertise or in a leadership capacity...your choice.
Please Note: Before applying for the role, know that we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with us may include video, phone, and on-site interviews, projects, and scenario-based situations. Although we are unable to follow up with each and every candidate, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.
- Benefits of course, including health, vision (FREE), dental, 401K, gym reimbursement and more….
- A family feel environment with generous maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Holidays, 11 of them every year
- Flexible PTO- Take it When You Need It
- Recognition and Rewards for a job well done
- Casual Dress where Jeans are welcome
- The opportunity to make a difference in a fast-growth startup environment with potential for growth
- A fun and focused atmosphere where we think big and own it together
- A great space with food...lots of food
Building a diverse and inclusive workplace is core to who we are. We realize the power of diverse perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds. RevolutionParts is dedicated to creating an environment focused on inclusion and education—we invite and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and abilities.
We are looking for our next teammate to join a community that is dedicated to revolutionizing the automotive industry. We have a dream to disrupt and challenge old notions by thinking big and wowing our customers. By prioritizing the customer and crafting an experience based on their feedback, we have created THE e-Commerce platform solution, kicking off a series of industry-disrupting changes showing our customers that there is a better way. Together, we are radically reshaping how auto dealers think about selling parts and creating a great shopping experience to boot—and we’re just getting started.
We are a growth culture! What that means is you will be expected to learn, innovate, and adapt in our fast-moving, start-up environment. We are looking for teammates, not employees, who will embrace a collaborative partnership mentality, lead by example, think big and own it to deliver innovative results. We succeed as a team with no room for ego. If you want to be part of something historic, and you are ready to take up our mission as your own by adding direct value to our cause, we want to invite you to share your unique knowledge and gifts with our community. We look forward to hearing from you!