ReviewTrackers is the rapidly-growing customer feedback platform trusted by tens of thousands of businesses. Using data, insights and technology, we partner with brands to ensure customer success. We have created an environment where employees can learn, grow and do the best work of their careers. We are seeking motivated individuals who wish to learn new things, contribute great things, and be the best version of themselves.
Just like our code, we constantly iterate on process and would love for you to have a say in that as well. Our engineering team has a vast range of experience in big/small and mature/young companies and we use it to our advantage!
We want to sharpen your skills and grow you into the engineer you want to be, we just ask that you come craving to absorb *all_the_things* software engineering!
ReviewTrackers is searching for a Data Support Engineer. This is not a typical ‘support’ role, as you will rarely interact with customers directly. You will create and help maintain our internal services that collect review data, which is ever evolving. From direct API integrations to web-crawling technology, you will help support, maintain, and improve the speed, efficiency, and reliability of our business core-competency and differentiator. Currently, the tech is in Ruby and our database is PSQL. If your Ruby is strong and you some basic experience in SQL query writing, this is a great opportunity to join a growing team and have an impact on our customers/business on Day 1. You will be the first one in a role like this at ReviewTrackers, so you will also have the opportunity to help strategically craft the deliverables you work on and value you add.
What you have:
- 1+ years experience working as a professional software engineer or support engineer
- 1+ years experience working professionally with Ruby
- Experience with Heroku
- Working knowledge of Github or similar
- Continual drive to learn more
- Detailed oriented
- Strategic approach to problem-solving
- SQL writing experience
- Experience writing unit tests
- Experience working on an agile team
Engineering team culture:
- Time dedicated to discussing & POC-ing product ideas created from ALL employees, including engineering
- Clear and defined promotion path for all engineers
- Collaborative work environment. Our engineers are super friendly and love to help each other out!
- We regularly pull in tech-debt items to work on in sprints
- Weekly 1 on 1 with manager
- Tight-knit relationship with the Product Team & use data-driven decision making
- Bi-weekly company wide demo day to find out what individuals throughout the company are working on
- Monthly Engineering lunch and learns
We get our work assignments through two-week sprints which include kickoff, grooming (estimation), retrospective and daily standups