Reverb is a leading online marketplace for buying and selling new, used, and vintage musical instruments. Since launching in 2013, Reverb has grown into a vibrant community of buyers and sellers all over the world. By focusing on inspiring content, price transparency, musician-focused eCommerce tools, a music-savvy customer service team, and more, Reverb has created an online destination where the global music community can connect over the perfect piece of music gear.
As Reverb’s SEO Manager, you’ll lead our global SEO strategy while working closely with our award-winning content marketing team. You’ll own channel performance, analytics and reporting and be the advocate for SEO with our product and engineering teams. If you’re equally passionate about SEO and music and love to dig into technical challenges, we offer a high growth, high impact environment. This is a brand new role for Reverb, so you’ll have the opportunity to chart a new path and deliver strong GMV and traffic growth for the marketplace.
In this role you will:
- Lead SEO strategy for Reverb in the US and internationally; advocate with key stakeholders for SEO projects and resources.
- Identify technical and content opportunities to improve SEO performance; drive traffic and GMV growth through organic channels.
- Own SEO performance tracking and reporting; serve as key stakeholder in site analytics tools.
- Execute on-site SEO enhancements through Reverb’s custom CMS.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams on technical requirements for SEO, as new products are developed; partner on solving technical SEO challenges.
- BA / BS degree in marketing, business, computer science or a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in an SEO role, preferably at an e-commerce or marketplace company.
- A track record of implementing SEO strategies that drive traffic growth and contribute to key business metrics. International SEO experience in EMEA and APAC preferred.
- Ability to audit a site, diagnose technical SEO issues and provide solutions in conjunction with an engineering team. Experience with canonicalization, redirects, sitemaps, crawl budgets, structured data and schema markup.
- Fluency with data and analytics, including creation of testing and measurement plans; ability to use data to inform strategy and make a case for SEO-focused development work.
- Advanced Excel and Google Analytics skills.
- Knowledge of musical instruments and music gear strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
The position is based in our American HQ in Chicago, IL and requires occasional travel.
What you'll get:
To complement our competitive compensation and equity plans, we offer:
- No-bureaucracy environment where ownership and initiative are valued.
- Health insurance and a healthy work environment.
- 401k with company match.
- Paid parental leave.
- Flexible vacation and sick days.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Bi-monthly lunches.
- A MacBook, monitor, keyboard, mouse of your choice and standing desk.
- Discounts on music gear.