Reverb.com is looking for a genuine music-gear obsessive to help moderate our rapidly expanding community of musicians. We live for our customers and their success stories, which is why we empower our Customer Engagement Specialists to flex their creative muscles to come up with innovative solutions tailored to our users specific cases. Our customer engagement team supports all users as they buy and sell on the site, arbitrating disputes between different users, and working to prevent fraudulent and suspicious activity.
While we do provide Reverb specific training, customer service experience is a must as this position will largely involve communicating with our customers via email, chat, and phone. Please make sure to share with us what customer service means to you in your application!
- Assisting customers with day-to-day needs through email, chat, and phone.
- Brokering resolution in the event of disputes between buyers and sellers.
- Leveraging content, self-help articles, Reverb features, and your knowledge of our policies and procedures to recruit new buyers and sellers to the site.
- Keeping a constant, vigilant eye on all site activity.
- A myriad of other tasks that come with a startup environment and a rapidly growing business.
- Previous experience in a solution-oriented customer service role.
- Experience providing support via a live chat service like Zendesk Chat
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of music gear brands, models, and history.
- The ability to learn new programs, type quickly and generally multitask on a computer.
- Ability to work full-time hours as well as evenings and weekends.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with credit card fraud detection and prevention.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus!
What you’ll get:
To complement our competitive compensation and equity plans, we offer:
- No-bureaucracy environment where ownership and initiative are valued.
- Health insurance and a healthy work environment.
- 401k with company match.
- Paid parental leave.
- Flexible vacation and sick days.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Bi-monthly lunches.
- A MacBook, monitor, keyboard, mouse of your choice and standing desk.
- Discounts on music gear.