Reverb is looking for a passionate developer ready to push our codebase forward. We believe in shipping code quickly and safely and we'll be relying on you to help us tackle the most impactful projects and make the right improvements to keep us accountable.
We work primarily in Swift. We sweat the details, spending time polishing a critical feature to delight our users. We are a lean team and always try to leverage the right tool for the job whether that be native code, a web view, or SwiftUI in the (near future).
Everyone at Reverb takes creative initiative, helps set their own priorities, and comes up with new ways to grow the business. Our software engineers take pride in crafting great software but take even more pride in product ownership, taking ideas from concept to release and beyond. Not sure what it's like to work here? Check this out: https://product.reverb.com
Here are the qualities we look for in our potential hires:
- Technical Leadership - You have a framework of how you want to quickly and safely ship software, are ready to implement that vision, and can instill that vision with others.
- Product ownership – We are not just software engineers and designers. At Reverb, you’ll be expected to track the performance of features you release, talk to customers, and help figure out next steps to grow the business.
- Self-motivation – Taking initiative to just get things done. Have an idea? Find someone else to help you make it a reality rather than waiting for work to be assigned.
About iOS @ Reverb:
- Our app is native, majority in Swift (with an ever shrinking amount of ObjC)
- We use GraphQL extensively.
- Continuous Integration with Unit and UI Testing via Fastlane.
- Mobile at Reverb is a key driver of our revenue.
- Push the Reverb iOS codebase forward. Define and build how we write the next generation of features.
- Work with the product team to implement their vision while providing feedback and taking ownership of the behavior, design, and implementation of features. Refactor existing code with pride.
- Embrace and extend patterns and processes employed by mobile through pairing and active participation in review.
- Learn the Reverb platform and advocate on behalf of our users.
- Collaborate across development, marketing, customer engagement, content, sales and management teams to gather feedback.
- Serve as a mentor to other mobile developers.
- Pursue the advancement of your skills both in and outside of Reverb.
- Prior experience leading mobile projects from concept to implementation
- Ability to guide and mentor junior team members
- Understanding of network frameworks and APIs
- A portfolio of published apps in the App store that demonstrate your skills and expertise
- Experience working with alternative mobile frameworks like React Native, RXSwift/RXCocoa.
- Knowledge or experience with Rails, Go, Protobuf, or GraphQL.
- Android or other mobile platform experience.
- A love of playing or enjoying music.
What you'll get:
To complement our competitive compensation and equity plans, we offer:
- No-bureaucracy environment where ownership and initiative are valued.
- Health insurance and a healthy work environment.
- 401k with company match.
- Paid parental leave.
- Flexible vacation and sick days.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Bi-monthly lunches.
- A MacBook, monitor, keyboard, mouse of your choice and standing desk.
- Discounts on music gear.
This is a local position in Chicago, please no remote workers or recruiters. Please send us a link to your github!