Reverb.com is looking for an Senior Accounting Associate to help drive our day-to-day accounting, financial processes, and other marketplace operations. This role will involve coordinating various accounting systems for our site as well as working to prevent fraudulent and suspicious activity. Other responsibilities will include handling accounts payable duties and general accounting tasks.
We are a small team where everyone does a bit of everything, so you should feel comfortable taking on new challenges and wearing different hats.
- Own full life cycle accounting for various entities - including international. Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close.
- Analyze and effectively communicate the financial performance of entities - work with other departments to help them better understand the financial impact of their operations and how that impacts the bottom line
- Help automate and streamline manual processes by interfacing with developers and business stakeholders.
- Record and reconcile intercompany transactions & settle balances with sister companies up to the parent monthly
- Mentor & manage the Transaction Accountant
- Prepare interim and year-end audits reports such as flux, variance and ad hoc analysis requested by external auditors
- Assist Accounting Manager & Controller in documenting and monitoring internal controls as well as desk-level procedures
- Be a critical thinker and team player-- we are a small team, and we take an all-hands approach to problem-solving.
- Own a myriad of other tasks associated with a rapidly growing business, including ad hoc projects as assigned by Accounting Manager & Controller.
- Experience with accounting software; Must be an Excel guru, and Netsuite is preferred.
- Experience in a high-volume, transaction heavy environment.
- Extremely detail-oriented -- mistakes don’t get past you, and everything reconciles.
- Strong analytical skills that excels working in a challenging and fast-paced work environment while contributing to the continued success of the company
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of standard financial / accounting procedures, GAAP concepts and principles, accounting procedures and internal controls
- Strong sense of urgency and general business acumen.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
What you’ll get:
- Competitive salary and stock options in a high growth company.
- No-bureaucracy environment where ownership and initiative is valued.
- Health insurance and a healthy work environment-- no 80 hour weeks.
- 401k with 4% match.
- Flexible vacation and sick days.
- A MacBookPro, monitor, keyboard, mouse of your choice. Even a stand up desk if you want!
- Discounts on music gear.