We are looking for a self-motivated Front-end Designer to join the Revelry Team. This position has a huge emphasis on design. As a Front-end Designer, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining the visual side of products. This position is all about mastery of layout, styles, and reusable components.
is a digital innovation studio headquartered in Mid City New Orleans, with offices in Chicago and Dallas. Our nationwide clientele range from small businesses and startups to large, publicly-traded companies.
- Writing and maintaining styles (scss, post-css)
- Staying up to date with the latest style developments (Post-css, CSS variables, CSS grid)
- Creating and/or following design patterns
- Building product style libraries (ie. reusable components)
- Experience working with front-end frameworks (bootstrap, foundation, +100000 for any Harmonium experience)
- Adaptable to working in various languages/environments (Phoenix/Elixir, React, React Native, WP)
- Accessibility testing
- Cross-browser and device testing
Nice to have:
- Product branding (logos, colors, establishing design patterns and visual languages)
- High fidelity Sketch mockups
- Experience creating or contributing to a front-end framework
- JS skills
- You are a good communicator who has contributed in any way to open source - or, you're looking for a role where you can give back to open source. This demonstrates that you're interested in collaboration.
- You are comfortable calling out your plan without waiting for permission - "calling your shot".
- You can earn our trust by sharing your thoughts and making commitments, and you're willing to trust your teammates to do the same.
- You see your work all the way through to the end.
- You can debate with empathy.
- You are self-motivated, which means you handle your own time.
- You are not afraid to try new things, and you're enthusiastic about helping others learn and grow.
- You are pragmatic and can balance "textbook correctness" against practical reality.
- You can keep your eye on the goal, while communicating early and often throughout a sprint.
Benefits and Perks
- Healthcare benefits
- 21 paid days off a year, plus 10 holidays
- Flexible work hours and locations
We live our core values every day. We communicate openly, often, and with empathy. We trust each other to perform the tasks we've been assigned and communicate challenges early. This allows us to clearly call out what we're going to do and more forward fearlessly. We apply pragmatic ingenuity to build things better. We believe in building alliance between work and life. We are always investing in making ourselves and our company better. And we take the time to celebrate each victory.
Attach your resume and cover letter to the form below. In the website field, share a community contribution you've made or link to a PR or ticket that you created (preferably in one of Revelry’s open source projects
- but dealer's choice). Specifically, We’d like to see styles (CSS or Sass or scss or post-css) and some kind of page or component layout. If we like what we see, we’ll schedule a call or in-person interview.
Revelry Labs provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.